Looking for a job where you can make a huge difference every day? We’ve got a great opportunity to join our amazing #TeamSheltered in Aberdeen on a permanent part-time basis. We have various contracts available from 6-19 hours per week.
Your shift patterns will fall between the hours of 0800-1600 hours and will include weekends and public holidays on a rotational basis.
You'll become part of a friendly who supports the residents within one of our Sheltered Housing complexes.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:-
- Daily welfare checks
- Developing, reviewing and monitoring individual support plans
- Responding to emergency calls during working hours
- Supporting individuals to deal with letters, bills and benefit claims
- Assisting with the security of the complex
- Supporting individuals to make contact and arrange repairs to their property
- Involvement in the development of the service and ensuring each individual’s needs are met
- Supporting and working with the individual’s carers, relatives and friends
- Supporting good relationships between neighbours
- Helping to arrange appointments
- Ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to, including carrying out risk assessments, fire safety checks, alarm & emergency call systems testing.
All we’ll need you to bring is: -
- A caring and compassionate attitude
- The ability to work well in a team
- Confidence to lone work
- Great communication and organisational skills
- A positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- A drive to improve the lives of the individuals you support
- Confidence in the use of technology
- Experience in a caring or supportive role would be an advantage
Sound interesting? What are you waiting for? Apply today, we can't wait to hear from you!
Have any questions? If you'd like to find out more, please contact Marina Bruce on 07929357489.
We are looking to fill these vacancies as soon as possible and reserve the right to close the advert early if we find suitable candidates before the closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Successful candidates will be required to join the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and be committed to working towards an SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare with the support from our Training Academy.
If you’re successful in joining our team, we will need you to register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting your employment with us.
Cornerstone welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce.