Fixed term until August/September 2022
The Local Government Association represents local government in England and Wales. The LGA aims to set the political agenda and have a say in the national media on the issues that matter to council members.
The Strategic Finance Team aims to deliver highly effective customer-centric finance services that enables the LGA to deliver to outcomes. Operating efficiently, using existing processes and procedures to advise on best accounting practice to improve and enhance service delivery, through the timely and accurate management of financial transactions for the LGA.
To find out more information about what it’s like to work at the LGA, please visit http://www.local.gov.uk/benefits-and-working-lga and for information on Equality and Diversity at the LGA, please visit https://www.local.gov.uk/equality-and-diversity-lga
The Accountant – Technical Accounting works in close partnership with the Financial Controller Lead Accountant to:
- Provide technical financial support, advice and information to the Financial Controller and a range of customers and organisations, responding to routine procedural queries as well as non-routine issues and requests.
- Promote good working relationships with the external/internal auditors and contribute to the prompt resolution of any audit queries. Providing support where necessary to senior officers with regard to audit queries.
- Preparing end year accounts to accounting standards and deadlines for all Group Companies. Lead on statutory adjustments to Group accounts (including consolidation).
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns in line with current VAT legislation (with support from the Finance Officer – Reconciliations). Coordinate the statutory returns for accounts and taxation (including corporation tax and VAT).
- Completion of Pension Scheme accounting (year end and triennial) and annual returns. Maintain good working relationships with LGPS providers, and co-ordinate with Finance Policy team regarding changes to pension scheme accounting and statutory changes.
- Manage the management and procurement of insurance contracts (for LGA Group, UKMBA and LG Mutual). Manage the annual Membership Subscriptions process.
- Maximise the investment returns on LGA assets through day-to-day treasury management.
- Work without close managerial supervision (except in areas of particular technical complexity or sensitivity) with work subject to review on completion. Proactively identify problem areas and work with the business to develop improvements to systems and supporting processes.
- Develop and maintain financial systems data integrity, supporting the design of effective quality financial control across the LGA. Undertake benchmarking activities including analysing and manipulating data sets and presenting them in context to guide decision making.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of training as appropriate to enable a culture of ownership amongst managers with defined financial processes and controls. Take responsibility for maintaining the integrity of specific areas of financial data through operating/supervising associated controls.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team, ensuring it is focused on supporting the LGA deliver its Business Plan and associated strategies.
- Relevant financial qualification (AAT qualified or CCAB part-qualified or equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Treasury management qualification preferred
- Evidence of exposure to technical accounting for pensions schemes, VAT returns and corporation tax
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of working with complex group structures
- Experience of completing VAT returns
- Experience of the financial management and production of comprehensive reports (e.g. statement of Group accounts)
- Ability to analyse problems and develop solutions, within policies and procedures and with advice available from the Strategic Finance Manager and Financial Controller
- Able to deliver under pressure, prioritising work against competing demands to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-supporting
- Positive, flexible and responsive, with a dynamic and creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information and concepts
- Excellent oral and influencing skills, with the ability to give clear advice on procedural issues
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with members, other clients and colleagues with courtesy, tact and sensitivity and to deal with issues that are sensitive or confidential.
- A demonstrable commitment to customer care
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, and a concern for order and accuracy
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability quickly to learn new packages as required
- Ability to work as part of a team and to support others
- Flexible approach to work, with a keenness to adapt to meet changing work requirements
- A positive, “can do” attitude
You must have the right to work in the UK, the LGA are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
Closing Date: 12pm, Monday 9 August 2021
Interview Date: W/C Monday 16 August 2021
As a Disability Confident Leader the LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community