Based within our busy Revenues & Benefits Unit at the refurbished open plan office at Queen’s Buildings, this is an opportunity to work within the Technical & Development team supporting the Revenues & Benefits service.
You will be the lead officer for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Council tax VT appeals, quality control and financial reconciliation checks. You will also support the Senior Technical & Development officer in the development of IT projects, system upgrades and testing.
You must therefore have:
- Advanced practical, procedural and policy knowledge of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Council Tax Regulations and good practice.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a Revenues or Benefits office at an Officer level or above.
- Experience of giving complex technical advice and handling customers with the ability to empathise and deal with sensitive situations.
- Knowledge of discretionary areas and Welfare Reforms in relation to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- A minimum of 5 GCSE (grade C or above), to include Maths and English
- An IRRV Level 3 certificate in Revenues & Benefits or, working towards, or willing to work towards achieving this or a level 3 foundation in Law & practice, A Level or equivalent, or 5 years’ experience in a Housing Benefits or Revenues environment
Bassetlaw District Council recognises our employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work life balance as part of our generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays,
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme,
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted parking
- Optional benefits due to be implemented from 1 April 2020, including an annual leave purchase scheme and health and wellbeing scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email email@example.com or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote the reference: FPS0511P on the application form and within all correspondence.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 25th June 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 14th July 2021