Ref: FPS0515P - Senior Revenues Officer
What we are looking for:
We are looking to appoint a Senior Revenues Officer to manage our Council Tax and Business Rates Billing and Collection team. Located in Worksop, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the billing and collection of Council Tax, Business Rates and the local Business Improvement District (BID) levies for the district of Bassetlaw.
The successful candidate will have at least four years experience working in a local taxation office, three years of which should be at a supervisory level. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to deal with sensitive situations and confidential information are also essential.
Among other qualities, you will also have:-
• Extensive practical, theoretical & procedural knowledge of Council Tax & Business Rates regulations and good practice.
• Extensive practical and procedural knowledge of National Non-Domestic Rates regulations, policies and working practices
• Experience of managing a team including training others/team development and appraisals
• Experience of managing organisational change and on-going improvements
• Able to work under pressure and in difficult situations.
• Good organisational skills to deal with and manage workloads/deadlines
• Creative and development skills to analyse complex legislation and interpret for use by teams
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
• A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
• A generous Pension Scheme
• Flexitime scheme (currently paused due to home-working)
• Annual leave purchase scheme
• Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
• Family friendly policies
• Discounted car parking
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit Bassetlaw District Council' job site http://www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk/latestjobs/
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email email@example.com or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote position reference FPS0515P on the application form and within all correspondence.
Closing date: 12pm, Wednesday 23 June 2021
Interview date: Thursday 1 July 2021 (provisional)