Local Partnerships occupies a unique position, playing a critical role in ensuring the public sector works in partnership with private companies in delivering major infrastructure projects and maintaining these assets on an ongoing basis. By combining the resources and expertise of both public and private sector organisations these partnerships should create positive outcomes of high quality, well maintained critical infrastructure, providing value for money for the public sector and the taxpayer.
Local Partnerships is looking to boost its resources in response to increased demand for its services and are looking for a Project Director – Private Finance Initiative. This is a great time for an expert in public private partnerships to join an organisation that will significantly impact the quality of public sector infrastructure projects.
The Project Director - PFI has an important role to play in working with the public sector to review and improve existing PFI arrangements and to advise on new Partnerships, ensuring they deliver the anticipated benefits for the public sector. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with and coaching clients to review existing commercial arrangements, identifying opportunities for, and implementing operational savings.
- Supporting clients at periodic events in the contractual life of PFI projects (benchmarking and market testing processes) and providing financial and commercial advice through key contractual events such as refinancing and termination.
- Preparing business cases for new infrastructure projects and undertaking strategic reviews of projects, contract management and governance arrangements
- Supporting governance teams and officers on identifying and implementing strategic and operational priorities and aligning those to wider organisational priorities
- Building relationships to facilitate collaborative working across council boundaries, and representation of local government clients in discussion with sponsoring departments and HM Treasury.
We are looking for a skilled Project Director with a deep knowledge of the financing Public Private Partnerships. Successful candidates will:
- Possess a sound understanding of the political landscape and the drivers to delivering successful public, private partnerships. This will be evidenced through a significant level of PFI / PPP experience.
- Have strong financial advisory skills – ideally with experience of a refinancing and / or a termination process.
- Use their expertise in excel financial modelling and their commercial negotiation skills to work collaboratively across contracting authorities and with Government bodies
- Be “self-starters” capable of working independently, or as part of a team.
You must have the right to work in the UK, the LGA are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 7 January 2022
Interview Date: Monday 17 January 2022
Local Partnerships values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community