Please note, the recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association on behalf of Local Partnerships LLP.
Local Partnerships LLP is jointly owned by the Local Government Association, HM Treasury and the Welsh Government. We occupy a unique position in the public sector, facilitating change through working impartially and collaboratively across all parts of central, local and regional government, and devolved administrations.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
Many programme areas are seeking support with activities that require the skills of a project manager to work with or advise clients at the level of an operational Project Management Office. In response to this, Local Partnerships is seeking a Project Manager, who may be able to apply their skills to a variety of programme areas as required.
The Management Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Head of Finance on all aspects of financial management, including month-end reporting, financial budgeting and analysis.
You will also manage purchase ledger, banking and cash management to ensure that suppliers are paid on time and cash balances are monitored.
There is line management responsibility for the leadership and development of the Finance Assistant.
The role is the lead on VAT and tax matters and acts as a business partner to key cost centre managers in the monitoring of programmes and the provision of management information to the Leadership and Programme Director teams.
You will provide support in the co-ordination of business processes, knowledge management and quality assurance in the finance team and across the organisation.
Key activities for this role will cover:
• Financial management – including regular accounts processes, income and payment runs and review of processes and systems
• Financial information – verification and reconciliation of financial information and the production of management accounts, budgets, forecasts and statutory returns and surveys
• Management reporting – providing key financial accounts and reports to the Leadership Team, Board and Programme Directors
• Part-qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with strong financial accounting skills
• Self-starter with the ability to identify required actions and the proactivity to see tasks through
• Experience working within a finance team for a small/medium size business
• Ability to interpret and analyse complex financial and budgetary information, and present findings clearly and concisely
• High level of competence in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook) and accountancy software
• Ability to work as part of a team with a flexible approach in order to adapt to changing working requirements
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and an eye for detail and accuracy
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
You must have the right to work in the UK, the Local Partnerships are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 31 January 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 8 February 2022
Local Partnerships values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community, regardless of race, national or ethic origin, disability, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, transgender identity, religion or belief.