Please note, the recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association on behalf of Local Partnerships LLP.
Establishing an Innovative Energy Company for Wales – Ynni Cymru
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in Welsh Government’s new Ynni Cymru energy programme, supporting the delivery of smart local energy schemes at a critical moment in the energy transition to net zero. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leadership and delivery in renewable energy and energy systems and will have extensive experience of working in partnership to achieve transformational change.
About the role
Directors are responsible for the successful delivery of core elements of the Ynni Cymru Energy Programme working with local communities and Welsh Government colleagues in the Energy Team.
This work will encompass the full range of renewable energy, energy efficiency and smart local energy system projects. The role will provide end-to-end support to help ensure the successful delivery of these complex and critical projects. The successful candidate will provide commercial, procurement, financial and project management expertise and support to a range of stakeholders. This will involve working with specific projects to help define project scope, support negotiation, improve value for money, ensure peer-to-peer project learning and accelerate project development to investment readiness and delivery.
Ynni Cymru is based on Ynys Mon (Isle of Anglesey) and will operate across the whole of Wales. Directors are home based but will need to be able to travel to many community based projects across Wales and to Local Partnerships and clients’ offices when required.
Some key requirements for the role include:
- Educated to a degree standard, with professional qualifications appropriate to the role.
- Extensive experience advising procuring authorities (at senior and contract management level) of contractual, commercial and operational issues.
- Significant experience and expertise in the delivery of renewable energy and energy efficiency programmes and projects including specific experience in delivering key aspects of Smart Local Energy System projects.
- Experience of preparing business cases for energy programmes and projects (particularly utilising the ‘5-case model’).
- Welsh language skills are desirable.
- Extensive travel across Wales will be required. A current and valid UK driving licence and access to a car is desirable for this role.
Further detail can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification.
About Local Partnerships
Local Partnerships LLP is jointly owned by the Local Government Association, HM Treasury and the Welsh Government. We occupy a unique position in the public sector, facilitating change through working impartially and collaboratively across all parts of central, local and regional government, and devolved administrations.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community