Please note, the recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association.
About the role
Data Analysts provide analytical support across the Local Partnerships portfolio of projects.
Working as part of the Data Analytics team, you will providing data and analytical expertise in areas such as Climate and Energy, Housing, Resource Efficiency and Waste and Commercial capability. You will provide tools and insight to our clients to support their strategic, operational and commercial decision making.
Using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques, project analysts collect and analyse data to identify trends and develop insight, providing clients with valuable information to support their strategic decision making.
You will identify, gather and analyse data and provide insights and outputs in the various formats, including graphs, charts, tables, reports, maps, dashboards and tools.
You will be a key part of the project team, engaging directly with the client, project staff and other stakeholders to scope activities and complete the deliverables.
Data Analysts may be based anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to LP and clients’ offices around the country.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualisation tools, such as Excel, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques and the ability to carry out data quality control and validation
- Familiarity with relational databases and experience of setting up and maintaining automated data processes
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques to produce clear outputs including graphical representations and data visualisations with attention to detail
- Experience of supporting major projects, in either public or private sector
- An imaginative and flexible approach to work, particularly in the field of problem solving and planning, development and successful implementation down to detailed levels
- Excellent organisation skills, personal resilience and ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage confidently and work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Proficient professional level of IT skills required in main M/S Office applications
Desirable (not essential)
- Technical knowledge of a coding language (eg Python); MS Azure; GIS Tools
- Previous experience of working with public sector databases and data sets
- Knowledge of financial modelling
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 8 December 2023
Interview dates: Week commencing 4 and 11 December 2023
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, transgender identity, religion or belief.
We welcome candidates with different backgrounds, identities and thinking styles – if you would like to discuss adjustments to our interview process, get in touch by any means you feel comfortable with.