Corporate Support & Development
Job share – 18.25 hrs P/W (Alternate weeks of Wednesday/Thursday/ Friday week 1 and Thursday/Friday week 2 )
Grade E (£26,865 - £31,725) Pro-Rata
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021
This role is being advertised internally and Externally.
To provide strategic analytical products to inform and direct senior decision makers throughout the Force. To interpret and analyse data, intelligence, internal and external strategic factors, research material, environmental scanning, demand, capability and capacity, and to identify areas of organisational threat, harm and risk with a sound evidence base in order to drive strategic development and performance improvement
To design and develop processes to enable the production of strategic analysis reports that comply with departmental and Force standard.
- Provide an analytical service appropriate to corporate needs on behalf of the force
- Research, produce and deliver strategic analysis findings in reports for various stakeholders within the force, including Chief Officers, Strand Leads and OPPC.
- Design and develop solutions/processes to meet new strategic analysis requirements, working both independently and in supporting the Head of Performance, Analytics and Evaluation.
- Proactively undertake continuous professional development to develop and professionalise the role of the strategic analyst within and outside the organisation.
- Take the lead on pieces of work and successfully manage stakeholder expectations through early consultation, careful planning and consideration, and appropriate and effective communication.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience and understanding of analytical concepts, processes and techniques and in applying innovation and creativity to the function.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Significant experience in selecting and using appropriate statistical research tools and techniques.
- Ability to scrutinise, question and dissect large amounts of information.
- Proven ability in communication, both verbal and written with the ability to present/prepare reports.
- Proven ability to communicate with all consumers and suppliers of information and the ability to present complex analytical findings in clear and simple terms to diverse audience
Please note all applicants will need to undergo the following assessment stages
- Analytical test
- 10 minute presentation
- Interview ( If you pass the analytical test and presentation only )
- Car parking
- 32 days Annual Leave Pro-rata
- Local Government Pension
We reserve the right to close this advert early if the due to the volume of applications.
Police Officers who have given notice that they are retiring within the next six month period can apply for Police Staff vacancies that are advertised externally. If successful the applicant must be in a position to commence on a date specified by the hiring manager.
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description Questionnaire utilising the competencies contained within the Competency Value Framework
Please click here to view the Competencies Values Framework
Equality Act 2010
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made. Our policy, at the stage of interview, is that we will ask all candidates whether we need to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. Under the Equality Act, a disabled person is someone with a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out day-to-day activities.
Merseyside Police are proud to use Positive Action to redress the balance of under representation our team will offer advice, guidance and support throughout the recruitment process to candidates from under-represented groups. For more information please refer to our Positive Action page https://www.merseyside.police.uk/police-forces/merseyside-police/areas/careers/join-us/positive-action-recruitment-team/