We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join the Purchasing team, based at our manufacturing site in Andover, Hampshire.
In the Senior Buyer role you will manage relationships between suppliers and internal customers whilst purchasing to MRP requirements. You will control approximately £4-8 million spend per annum, owning 2-3 commodity areas with up to 8 critical suppliers.
You will be confident to handle negotiation, providing financial analysis and managing and evaluating risk effectively. You will have proven ability to communicate with all levels of management. We are looking for an individual who is highly organised and can display a professional attitude towards their work, staying true to the Stannah Values.
To be successful in the Senior Buyer role you will be a driven and self-motivated individual who will approach the role in a proactive way. The role requires you to present business case proposals to key stakeholders in a confident and clear way so excellent communication skills are essential.
A background in procurement is essential. Ideally you will have carried out a similar role as a Senior Buyer and have at least 1 - 2 years relevant experience. If you have worked in a manufacturing environment this would be an advantage.
- Purchase Order Management - Instigate process improvements to support production staff in achievement of production targets
- Supplier Commercial Management - Draft, negotiate and implement contractual agreements with material and capital equipment suppliers.
- Product Development - Support relevant new product build activities involving suppliers, taking full ownership of new product parts from order placement through to availability in the factory, for each build cycle
- Cost Reduction - Deliver cost savings through skilled negotiation
- Quality - Lead problem-solving initiatives with suppliers to determine root causes for product related problems
- Continuous Improvement - Seek out new opportunities for improvement in product and processes
- Good standard of basic education
- MCIPS or ACIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) is desirable (but not essential)
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme - a proportion of Company earnings shared equally between all employees and paid out at regular intervals
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Free onsite parking
- Early finish on Fridays