NHS Digital – Call Handler
Shifts: Between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday & 8am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
Training: 1 week Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Start Date: 25th March 2019
Salary: £8.29ph/£16,165.50 pa
We are delighted to announce that Teleperformance have secured a new brand new contract and will be delivering this from our Manchester and Gateshead sites in 2019.
Our new client, NHS Digital, is the national information and technology partner to the health and social care system. Their mission is to harness the power of information and technology to improve health care.
As a result, we are now looking to build a number of customer service teams, to join NHS Digital on their appointment booking campaign.
The purpose of the role is to handle inbound calls from patients requiring hospital appointments, following a GP referral. This will include booking, re scheduling, and cancelling appointments on an internal booking system, therefore basic PC skills are required for this role.
We are looking for good communicators, who are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, with a high regard for efficiency and accuracy.
You will have a polite and professional telephone manor, the ability to empathise with your patients whilst respecting and understand their needs at all times.
What we would like you to do:
- Consistently put our patients first and build their trust
- Actively listen and ask questions, supporting the patient to achieve a successful outcome to their enquiry.
- Provide and maintain a strong, professional relationship with all patients and show empathy at all times.
- Work effectively to provide accurate information and support to patients.
- Preserve data confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the GDPR.
- Be positive and proactive and have a desire for positive improvement in quality
- Work effectively as part of a team, developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues and management.