Site: Baltic Place, Gateshead
Start Date: 23/9/2019
Hours: 20 per week: 4hr shifts starting between 8am & 10am, 5 days out of 7.
Training Duration: 1 Week FULL TIME (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm)
Probity: DBS check & 3 years of employment referencing (cost covered by Teleperformance)
Who are we? We are the voice of our clients.
We are a global outsourcing customer management company with over 300,000 colleagues around the world in over 80 countries. Here in the UK, we have 19 sites, and over 7000 staff.
We have a reputation for hard work, outstanding results, and for simply being “a great place to work”.
What’s not to love!
What do we do? We provide fantastic service and great careers.
We interact with customers on behalf of our clients, helping to solve their queries. We make it our mission to look after customers in the way they need.
We offer a multi-channel approach, meaning we support in various ways, such as telephone, email, and web chat, through to white mail and social media interactions.
We invest in our teams and provide some fantastic opportunities for progression.
If you want to develop yourself and expand your career, our award winning training programmes and exceptional training teams are on hand to help to make this happen.
What role is available? Call Handler – NHS Digital
We are now looking to strengthen our team of Call Handlers, working on behalf of one of our high profile clients, NHS Digital on their appointment booking line. The purpose of this role is to handle inbound calls from patients requiring hospital appointments, following a GP referral. This is a fabulous opportunity to join an existing team of agents, and support them in making a difference to our callers
What does an average day look like? Now there’s a Great question!
- A typical day will see you working in a lively & vibrant environment.
- You will start your day signing into your systems, making sure you are ready for the day ahead.
- You will engage with a variety of customers on an inbound calling line, and assist with booking hospital appointments on their behalf.
- You could take a call from a customer who needs to cancel an appointment, or perhaps they require assistance to re schedule, either way you will support them to achieve a successful outcome.
- Some days could be quieter with rest periods between calls, and other days could be busy with everyone wanting your support at once.
- With an hour of rest time (made up of 30 minutes for lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks) you will always have time to catch up with friends, get something to eat in the town centre, or perhaps grab some fresh air and go for a walk.
What do we need from you?
A “passion” for people, with the ability to see beneath the surface, treating everyone with respect and professionalism at all times.
An” empathetic” approach, with the ability to identify and share the feelings of others.
A “want” to deliver a value-added service with the highest regards for quality, to maintain life-long, valuable relationships with our customers, at every interaction.
A “can do” attitude that sees you striving for results, achieving positive outcomes at every possible opportunity, in an environment where Every Interaction Matters.
What else do we need from you?
- A good attitude and the ability to interact with lots of different people.
- A polite and professional telephone manor, and the ability to empathise with your callers whilst respecting and understand their needs at all times.
- Resilience, and a dedicated approach to providing service excellence.
- Computer skills, and the ability to navigate multiple systems with ease.
- Flexibility, great attendance and good time keeping to make sure you are available for our customers.
What will we give you? Well there’s plenty, where do we start?
- 1 Week Classroom based training (paid of course) and a further week in a dedicated area on the call floor that we call “Nesting”. This is where the action happens, and where you take your first live calls. This is also where the nerves kick in, and mistakes may happen, but don’t worry, we expect that. We make it our responsibility to look after you with full support from experienced members of the team on hand to help.
- The chance to showcase your skills and fast track your career through our internal progression path.
Anything else that we have to offer? We have an amazing benefits package tailored to meet the varied needs and preferences of our diverse employees – here is a selection of what is available:
- 28 days holiday, increasing to 30 days following your 1-year service anniversary
- Free access to our Lifestyle Benefits programme – featuring discounts, special offers and exclusive employee deals from many retailer partners
- Free access to our Employee Assistance programme – 24/7/365
- Free access to our Zest Interactive Health & Wellbeing Hub
- Life Assurance Cover
- Pension Scheme
- Sports & Social Clubs
- Length of Service rewards
- Career Path Development
- Refer & Earn Scheme – earn up to £900 for referring a friend to work for TP! And £300 for your friend too!
Where do you sign up? Right here!
- Call and chat to one of the telephone team in Gateshead, who will answer your questions, book a telephone interview, and check out your skills. 0800 100 180