Embedded Hardware Architecture Support Engineer – Teleperformance Swindon
Location - Swindon
Hours – 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Salary range £28,000 - £30,500 (depending on skills and experience)
Contract type – Permanent
We are currently looking for an Embedded HW Architecture Support Engineer for our insource operation in Swindon.
Our client is the world leader within the silicon manufacturing segment and a household brand that enables market leading IT devices for businesses, datacenters and end consumers.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology and an opportunity for any HW Engineer to develop their skills and experience to the next level.
This role requires the individual to help resolve technical issues on behalf of the clients IoT and Design Center Group and thus aid customers with the designing of their own product solutions using the client’s reference designs. Products supported are primarily targeted for the embedded market such as embedded processors, Memory & Storage devices, chipsets, boards, network connectivity (Ethernet), data center devices or consumer electronics products often from within the IoT field. The overall function of the role is to provide technical support to EMEA customers, Field-Engineers and distribution channel on the issue resolution of these products.
Typically this may involve providing updates, documentation or technical resolutions and advising the customer on best choices on components or schematics (including providing design reviews). In addition, the SME may also need to put together combinations of hardware and software to validate or resolve customer issues or exhibit the capabilities of embedded technologies to enable them to better demonstrate the products and understand the key points of the “value proposition” of any given platform.
Customer contact is via web ticketing for launched embedded products.
A portfolio of products being supported can be found on the clients Resource & Design Center web portal: Resource & Design Center.
Skills and experience required:
- In depth knowledge of desktop and mobile architecture and operating systems and good working knowledge of tablets and Android machines is advantageous
- Be able to fault-find to FRU level on Desktop and Mobile devices
- HND or Degree level in electrical engineering or a related subject - knowledge of electrical and/or electronic systems
- Awareness of current and imminent technologies; systematic approach to research and review of technical documentation
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently to deadline
- Self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Quick reaction to requests from the client’s stake holders and customers to meet the business needs
- English written and spoken language fluency is mandatory
- Concise and effective communication skills
Additional skills advantageous for the role:
- Advance understanding of PC S/W architectures including Embedded OS, BIOS and boot loader.
- A strong technical background in mobile and embedded board level support with the ability to read schematics and deliver technical material.
- Knowledge and experience of debugging electronic circuits to component level
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills and wide experience across current IT technologies and Operating Systems
- Linux device driver kernel mode development for network drivers.
- Knowledge of Server functionality and integration is an advantage
Who are we?
Teleperformance is the worldwide leader in multichannel customer experience management. We are experts in the call centre services industry but also provide more technical support services for our clients. We add value to our client’s service by delivering great customer service and solutions on their behalf. We’ve been providing superior customer care for leading brands throughout the world since 1978, and every year we interact with more than 40% of the world population.
AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY