If you want to start your career, but also get a degree at the same time with no uni fees (great right?!) then look no further than our Data Science Degree Apprenticeship, in partnership with Nottingham University. You’ll gain industry experience in a global brand (but with a family feel) organisation, whilst studying at one of the top universities! Throughout your four year apprenticeship, you’ll work with our Data and Insight team to develop your skills in data science and insight visualisation to support all aspects of improving Consumers experience across Toyota and Lexus business with the UK. We’ll equip you with the tools for you to grow into a well-rounded employable graduate either in TGB or the wider working world!
About TGB – In a nutshell
You may already follow Toyota & Lexus on social media or in the news and have heard about the great things that we continue to achieve globally, well, what we do here at TGB helps achieve those great things! Here at out Eco HQ in Surrey, we support the business as the Sales and Marketing function for both Toyota and Lexus in the UK. We are a diverse team with a common goal; to do business the way that customers love and we’re proud to be 15th in the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
There’s loads of really great stuff on our blog.
Data Science Degree Apprenticeship - Whistle Stop Overview
There are 2 roles up for grabs which will involve you splitting your time between working at the office and block release for your academic study at the University of Nottingham. There you’ll benefit from a blend of lectures, with group and individual learning. Whilst at our EcoHQ, you’ll be working with multiple sources of data where you’ll be able to understand the relationships and characteristics of different data sets. You’ll perform data preparations to ensure that it can be extracted, transformed and loaded into the Data Analytics platform in order to perform in-depth multi-source data analysis to derive and visualise insights that can be leveraged by Toyota to improve consumer experience. For these roles, you should have a passion for learning and a desire to develop the skills to address the insight in a compelling way that drives business change. Click here for more detail on what’s included and the modules you will cover.
Enabling you to be the best you can be is on the top of our list at TGB, so our managers will support you by identifying projects that will provide opportunities for development as well as giving face to face support on a regular basis. By the time you’ve finished your four years with us at TGB, we’ll have set you up with all the skills you will need in your future career! The world of data science will be your oyster, with the prospect of jobs such as Machine Learning Engineers, Data Architects and Data Engineers being at the end of your fingertips!
What you’ll get - Great people deserve great things
Enabling you to be the best you can be is top on the list at TGB, so it’s more than just an externally benchmarked salary and bonus that puts smiles on the faces of people that work here:
- Wellness Benefits portal to help you make flexible choices that are right for you and your family
- Access to attractive car schemes for you (& your family)
- Eco HQ, free parking & restaurant offering a fantastic working environment
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible working initiatives*
- 2 volunteering days per year and various Corporate & Social Responsibility initiatives.
- Dental insurance and healthcare cash back to compliment Private Medical Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program & eye tests
- Preferential rates for insurance policies including critical illness
- Exclusive discounts & discount website
- Sports and Social Club, cycle to work scheme & flu jabs to keep you healthy
- Regular 121s with your manager, a personal development plan reviewed quarterly with a range of training & support (as per the TGB Management Deal)
- Annual events and random acts of kindness throughout the year (e.g, summer party, Green month BBQ)
*We don’t take a cookie cutter approach to working flexibly because this means different things to different people. It’s best to talk to us about the flexibility you’d like at the interview and although we can’t promise that we’ll be able to give you exactly what you want, we will definitely promise not to judge you for asking. We love it that lots of our people work flexibly!
You want in? (see below job profile for more information)
To be considered for this role, the skills you’ll need to have include:
- You’ll need to be predicted or have already attained 3 A-levels (or equivalent) at grade A or higher. You must have an A or higher in Maths.
- We welcome applicants who have relevant workplace experience and/or a proceeding apprenticeship (eg. L4 data analyst).
- Strong communication on both written and oral forms
- Incredibly organised to maintain a mix of work and study commitments
- Ability to analyse and break down problems
- Excellent eye for details
- Introductory knowledge of DB principles
- Skills in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to logically and visually present information in an understandable way to a wide audience
- Passion for learning and self-development
- It would be great if you had an interest in digital technology, innovation or mobility.
- Confident in communicating with a wide demographic of customers
- Positive outlook and problem solving mind-set.
- Really team focussed and able to build relationships
- Passionate about customers & obsessed with delivering a service the way that customers LOVE!
- Residing in the UK and either living within or willing to relocate to within a commutable distance of our ECO HQ
We know we won’t have been able to cover everything in this advert. Have a look at the job description for some extra detail and if you get through to the face to face interview stage of our process, then we’ll put aside some time to explain the role fully and you can ask any questions that you have.
Candidates are invited to apply via our careers site. We use LaunchPad one-way video interviewing and MS Teams for the face to face part of our recruitment process (while adhering to Covid-19 guidance). We’ll provide you with some more information around this as you make your way through the process.
Toyota loves diversity -
To innovate, we need diversity of thought, so a diverse and inclusive workplace is hugely important to us. We won’t discriminate against any protected characteristics, will judge applications on merit and won’t make any assumptions.