We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Sales Negotiator for our ACO Building Drainage division based in Bedford. You will have experience working in a business to business environment providing professional quotations with a technical emphasis and following the process through from a quotation to a sales order. This role is initially based at Bedford and will transfer to our Shefford site once re-developed.
The main role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Quote creation and conversion
- Building customer relationships
- Project management
- Product and technical advice
- Reading and using technical drawings
The successful person:
The successful candidate will have the ability to learn technical information with ease, provide accurate quotations and convert these to sales. We are looking for the following attributes:
- Customer focussed with the drive and tenacity to secure sales
- A professional communicator; telephone and in writing, building rapport quickly
- Able to convey technical product information accurately to customers
- Good, proven negotiation skills with sales experience
- Drive actions forward for continuous improvement
- A proactive approach to work; energetic and self-motivated
- Good time management skills and able to multi-task
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Commercial awareness
- Good team player; keen to learn and share information
Knowledge and education:
- Sales experience in business to business environment
- Knowledge of construction industry, contractors, merchants and specifiers who use Building Drainage products
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and / or construction drawings
- IT literacy (Microsoft Office i.e.: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Minimum of GCSE (C) or equivalent Maths and English
What we offer
Full training in company wide systems and procedures will be given, and personal development will be actively encouraged.
Working hours are 34.5hours per week, Monday to Friday. We offer a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. A Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
ACO is the leading brand for surface water drainage systems throughout the world. ACO Technologies plc, part of the ACO Group, serves as the Company for the UK & Ireland. There are two major divisions: ACO Water Management and ACO Building Drainage.
Working at ACO is working in a culture of entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and high standards with the freedom to create your own job satisfaction through ownership and continuous improvement.
Openness and honesty are key characteristics to working at ACO as this creates a friendly, flexible environment where colleagues are keen to share information and work together to achieve the best results.
For more information about ACO please visit our website: www.aco.co.uk
Please apply on-line and state your salary expectations. For further information contact Sue Roberts, HR Business Partner on 01462 810311.