Full Time and Part Time Support Workers
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) or Part Time (Hours negotiable).Can include waking nights
Salary: Up to £18,640.59 per annum including a geographical allowance (based on 37.5 hours per week)
Place of work: Cornwall, Helston
About the role
Are you caring and interested in supporting people? Do you want to work for a supportive company who value their staff team and provide them with lots of benefits? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we are looking for you to join our team in Helston supporting a man in his 30’s in his own home.
Our customer is a very keen cook who likes to bake cakes regularly. With a love of dogs, he enjoys spending time with them when he has the chance and would be eager to find opportunities for walking them and throwing tennis balls for them.
He is currently studying mechanics as it’s his passion. He shows a very strong interest in cars and enjoys talking about them in general, especially ones he has owned in the past as well as vintage cars from the 80s and 90s. He takes pride in watching classic TV shows/cartoons and enjoys listening to music, mainly music from the 60s-90s.
If you share any of these passions or are interested in helping someone to live independently then please get in touch. We have varied contracted roles up to 37.5 hours or a casual position.
What we offer
• Full Time and Part Time roles up to 37.5 hours per week to include some days, evenings, waking nights, sleep in’s, weekends and bank holidays. (Flexible working to fit around you and the needs of our customers.)
• Free DBS
• Free, nationally-recognised training (Diploma & Care Certificate) and excellent opportunities for career progression including a management development program
• Earn up to £500 through the ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme
• Paid holiday of up to 30 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
• Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum
• Staff discounts at over 250 high-street retailers
About the candidate
All we ask is that you have a positive approach and a can do attitude. (Being happy to use your full UK driving licence and own car with business class insurance to support our customers is also desirable but not essential.)
Advance is regulated by the Care Quality Commission and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of right to work. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Advance.
We value diversity and therefore welcome applications from everyone interested in working at Advance. Advance are enrolled in the disability confidence scheme.
Advance Housing & Support Ltd reserves the right to close this job once sufficient applications have been received.
We look forward to receiving you application. Good luck! The Advance Team.