Casual Support Worker
Salary: £10.38 per hour (inclusive of applicable allowances and entitlements)
Location: Fairways Court, Bournemouth
Working hours: Various hours available for a 24 hour service
A flexible role supporting people with complex needs
Do you want to support your community? Looking for flexible working hours?
We’re looking to take on Casual Support Workers to help us support people with learning disabilities or mental health conditions throughout this time of uncertainty.
If you are passionate about improving the lives of local, vulnerable people and are determined to support those who need it more than ever then this could be the opportunity for you!
We’re hoping to bring people together at a difficult time - you could help us.
Working in support isn’t just another job. This could be a great opportunity for you to develop skills for life and try something new whilst simultaneously helping people who need that extra support.
Have you got what it takes to be a Casual Support Worker?
As a Casual Support Worker, you will help people who have complex needs, mental health conditions or learning disabilities in their home or out in the community. This might include motivating someone to eat healthily or visit the gym or providing support to a person with emotional problems. The role can be quite diverse which makes it both interest and rewarding.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about improving the lives of local, vulnerable people, have previous experience in care and the ability and determination to support people with complex needs, mental health conditions and learning disabilities.
If you think a Casual Support Worker role sounds right for you, you will need to be:
- Flexible to work on a rolling Rota
- Good at working both on your own and/or within a team
- Excellent at communicating with people both verbally and in writing
- Able to complete good quality support records
Benefits of working for Advance
We’re a national, charitable organisation, supporting thousands of people across the U.K. We value our staff and the difference they make to the lives of our customers, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hours to fit around you and the needs of our customers
- Paid mileage and travel time between appointments
- Paid holiday
- Full, professional training and the opportunity to work towards care qualifications
- Free DBS check
- Support from an experienced team leader
- Excellent opportunities to progress your career within Advance
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
Advance is regulated by the Care Quality Commission and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of right to work. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Advance.
We value diversity and therefore welcome applications from everyone interested in working at Advance. Advance are enrolled in the disability confidence scheme.
Advance Housing & Support Ltd reserves the right to close this job once sufficient applications have been received.