Support Worker (Part-time)
Salary: Up £11,726.39 (based on a 25hrs contract)
Hours: 25 hours per week, which may include days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
A flexible role supporting people with mental health problems and learning disabilities
The successful candidate must have a full driver's license, full access to a vehicle due to travel and be flexible with availability at weekends and AM/PM.
Are you looking for a rewarding role supporting vulnerable people, with flexible hours to fit around you? Whether you’re looking for a job to work around the school run, want a part time position that keeps you in control of your hours, or are ready to take your first step towards a career in social care, becoming a Support Worker could be the perfect position for you.
Have you got what it takes to be a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker, you will help people with mental health problems or learning disabilities in their home or out in the community. This might include motivating someone to eat healthily or visit the gym, or providing support to a person with emotional problems.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about improving the lives of local, vulnerable people, and we will consider your application even if you don’t have previous experience working in care or support. What matters to us is your ability and determination to support people with mental health problems and learning disabilities, and the values you can bring to Advance.
If you think a Support Worker role sounds right for you, you will need to be:
- Flexible to work on a rolling rota
- Good at working on your own and within a team
- Excellent at communicating with people
- Able to complete good quality support records
Benefits of working for Advance
We’re a national, charitable organisation, supporting thousands of people across the U.K. We value our staff and the difference they make to the lives of our customers, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hours to fit around you and the needs of our customers
- Paid mileage and travel time between appointments
- Paid holiday
- Full, professional training and the opportunity to work towards care qualifications
- Free DBS check
- Support from an experienced team leader
- Excellent opportunities to progress your career within Advance
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
Advance is regulated by the Care Quality Commission and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of right to work. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Advance.
We value diversity and therefore welcome applications from everyone interested in working at Advance. Advance are enrolled in the disability confidence scheme.
Advance Housing & Support Ltd reserves the right to close this job once sufficient applications have been received.