Due to the demand for capital projects, Southampton International Airport needs to strengthen it’s experienced team by recruiting an able project leader to support the Projects Team in the delivery of capital projects.
Reporting to the Projects Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and delivery process for the design, manufacture and assembly of the project to meet the customer’s expectations along with development opportunities to participate and lead in projects & continuous improvement activities as part of the airport team through use of business improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma and the “DMAIC” methodology.
The position presents the chance to work within a bright and highly- motivated multi- disciplinary team and the ideal candidate will have previous experience in working in a construction project leader role.
• Responsible for leading and delivery of capital projects to meet the sponsor and stakeholder expectations in respect to scope, quality, programme, value for money and health & safety.
• You will need to be highly innovative and pro- active individual, capable of responding creatively to rapid development.
• Support the terminal & engineering teams on the delivery of projects in respect to scope, quality, programme & value for money
• Engage with suppliers and contractors to ensure their delivery is aligned to affordability, technical standards, Health & Safety and programme.
• Effective management of all stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements & approvals are in place.
• You will have proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. This will involve coordinating a multitude of activates, tasks and personnel to ensure timely delivery to the sponsor and internal stakeholders.
• You will have the ability to quickly establish positive & productive working relationships with internal departments and suppliers.
• To champion health & safety throughout the life of projects from design, implementation through to final maintenance integration.
• Track performance of supplier’s contractors and provide regular reports to the Projects manager.
• Produce all project management documents to align with the overall delivery of individual projects.
• To support the commercial team with cost reporting, design & project delivery change control.
• To support the Project Sponsor on the scoping of capital projects including business case development.
• Ensure the adequate project communications and stakeholder identification throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ensure that an effective change management strategy is implemented throughout the project lifecycle
• Health & Safety Managing Responsibly System (MRS) coordinator for Asset Management capital team
• Management of risk throughout the project life cycle
• Other duties as reasonably required by the Projects & Development team.
Any other duties
To participate in projects and working parties and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the Company.
Qualifications and experience
• APM, Prince or other appropriate Project management qualification
• Capable of communicating effectively at all corporate levels.
• Presentation skills
• Microsoft Office skills (Specifically Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to self-manage workload
• Financial skills, especially with regards to financial justification and project budgeting
• Professional qualifications or evidence of self-development.
• Proven ability to effectively manage projects to tight deadlines essential.
• NEC contracts
• Familiar with the RIBA delivery stages.
Desirable but not essential
• Understanding of airport operational processes
• Risk management
• First aid certification.
• Experience of using business improvement tools
Framework and boundaries
• Reporting directly to Southampton Airport’s Projects Manager.
• This role will potentially touch every area of the Airport’s business.
• All activities must adhere to the applicable AGS and industry policies which include but is not limited to the AGS Information Security Policy, Data Protection Act and current online best practice.
• The individual may be a required to work on an on call basis, as defined by the line manager. From time to time requirement to adjust hours or work additional hours to carry out the duties of your job.
• DfT regulations
• CAA / EASA
Drives self and others to deliver excellence. Makes sure that nothing gets in the way of doing the things we should do.
Focus on customers
Anticipates customer requirements and delivers the best possible customer experience, every time.
Contributes effectively to SIAL business success.
Lead by example
Displays positive business behaviour, takes accountability for actions and empowering others to deliver.
Builds and maintains open and collaborative relationships. Considers the impact that actions and decisions have on others.
Finds ways of doing things better every day. Makes the improvements stick.
o Shows high-level of drive and inspiration for their chosen direction
o Works with determination, energy and pace
o Overcomes obstacles, is resilient
o Monitors and continually reviews progress
o Meets operational excellence, service and safety standards
o Decisive and focussed
o Shows a “can do attitude”
o Delivers excellent customer service
o Tailors their response for different customers
o Thinks about how they impact on customers
o Puts the customer at the heart of their actions
o Anticipates customer needs, is proactive
o Delivers outcomes that benefit stakeholders and SIAL
o Represents SIAL positively with all customers, is professional and polite
o Is polite in dealing with customers
o Knows how their actions impact business targets
o Creates/supports a culture that champions value for money
o Looks to increase business revenue where possible
o Takes action based on their knowledge of market and industry changes
o Treats people with respect
o Encourages and supports others in doing the right things
o Seeks and gives feedback openly and appropriately
o Talks with people, invites their views, sees things from their point of view
o Shares their experience and knowledge to develop others
o Does not tolerate inappropriate business behaviour and deals with it
o Develops good working relationships inside and outside of their team
o Manages external and internal stakeholders
o Looks for solutions that have good outcomes for all parties
o Influences positively and constructively
o Communicates clearly and openly
o Works with their team to achieve common goals
o Develops relationships for the good of SIAL
o Encourages open discussion and debate
o Makes daily small improvements
o Manages change effectively / responds well to change
o Challenges the way things are done, questions efficiency of current processes
o Stays open to change
o Raises opportunities to do things better.