PREVIOUS APPLICANTS FOR RECENT SECURITY ROLES NEED NOT APPLY
Glasgow Airport recorded its busiest-ever year in 2017 as more than 9.9 million people travelled through its doors. With 30 airlines serving more than 130 destinations worldwide, including Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Europe and the Gulf, Glasgow remains Scotland’s principal long-haul airport.
In addition to being Scotland’s largest charter hub, Glasgow Airport serves more Scottish destinations than any other airport and is a critical component of Scotland’s transport infrastructure. It also supports more than 7,300 jobs across Scotland and makes the largest contribution of any airport to Scotland’s economy, generating hundreds of millions of pounds.
At Glasgow Airport we recruit enthusiastic people who are passionate about customer service to help make our airport a better place to travel through. What we do, the facilities we provide and the needs of global travellers evolve every day, and our greatest challenge is in keeping the pace with this evolution. At our airport you will find exciting opportunities for talented people.
We are recruiting for Security Officers to join our existing team on a seasonal contract of 20 hours per week.
Our team have a genuine passion for delivering customer service, enthusiasm to deliver this experience with energy and take a real pride in doing so. They are responsible for ensuring the security integrity of the Airport whilst delivering this service to our millions of passengers annually.
The successful candidate will need to have this passion for service, will care enough to make a difference to a passenger’s day and will take a real pride in everything they do for all our customers.
They will undergo a fast paced and comprehensive on-the-job training programme and regular testing as part as the normal security function.
Key requirements of the role are:
• To communicate effectively, demonstrating empathy and understanding to passengers whilst ensuring that security procedures are followed in all cases.
• To assist with emergency situations which could arise within the terminal, for example, evacuation procedures.
• To be knowledgeable about the facilities and layout of the airport in order to assist passengers and airport users.
• To work effectively with a number of other organisations, for example, Police Scotland, Customs, Immigration, the Fire Service, Airlines and other business partners.
• To demonstrate a flexible and helpful attitude, assisting in the smooth running of the airport.
• To maintain professional standards at all times including personal appearance in accordance with uniform standards.
• To screen all personnel passing through restricted areas, by using both archway detectors and manual body searching where necessary, with the exception of those exempt by the Department for Transport.
• To screen all items being carried into restricted areas, using x-ray screening and trace detection equipment and to undertake manual searching, in order to ensure that no prohibited items are taken into the Critical Part and to ensure that the safety of the aircraft, passengers and crews is maintained.
Checking authorised access:
• To check identification and/or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access to Critical Part.
• To ensure that checks of vehicles entering restricted areas are carried out in accordance with Department for Transport regulations in order to detect unauthorised personnel, firearms and other prohibited articles.
• Patrol the terminal and airside areas to ensure the terminal is secure, for example, any potential security risks are identified and that the presence of any personnel is justified and that airside to landside doors are secure.
• Complete documentation, recording incidents in a clear and concise manner as required.
Any other duties:
• To participate in projects and working parties and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the Company.
• Responsible for personal and, if applicable, team compliance with Health and Safety, Security and Environment/Sustainable Development Policies, ensuring working practices minimise risk to self, work colleagues, customers, staff and the environment.
• To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to this role. To ensure that the activities required by the safety, security and environmental/sustainable development management systems are delivered throughout the areas of responsibility of this role.
• To ensure that any systems and procedures introduced by the company are effectively implemented and adhered to.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Knowledge required are:
• Demonstrable experience of delivering excellent service in a customer facing role
• Demonstrable effective team working skills
• Demonstrable experience of safety awareness
• Ability to read, understand, write and speak English at a level which will enable the completion of security documentation and effective communication with the immediate team and passengers.
Please note that applicants must be able to satisfy the requirements to obtain full Security Clearance, including 5 years’ satisfactory references and Criminal Records Check.