Southampton Airport is one of three airports forming AGS Airports, the others being Aberdeen and Glasgow. As part of the airports Master Plan the airport is now bringing forward the extension of its runway. Reporting to the Head of Planning & Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and delivery process for the design, manufacture and assembly of the project to meet the customer’s expectations.
The position presents the chance to work on a major infrastructure project which is fundamental change for Southampton Airport and the region.
• Responsible for leading and delivery of the runway extension as part of the airports Master Plan to meet the sponsor and stakeholder expectations in respect to scope, quality, programme, value for money and health & safety.
• You will need to be highly innovative and pro- active individual, capable of responding creatively to rapid development.
• Support the airside & engineering teams on their input to the project in respect to scope, quality, programme & value for money
• Engage with suppliers and contractors to ensure their delivery is aligned to affordability, technical standards, Health & Safety and programme.
• Engagement with both contractors and stakeholders to manage risk and opportunities
• Effective management of all stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements & approvals are in place.
• Liaise with AGS Procurement to ensure commercial performance for the project is realised both through tendering and financial performance of contractors
• You will have proven experience managing aviation projects in a live environment. This will involve coordinating a multitude of activates, tasks and personnel to ensure timely delivery to the sponsor and internal stakeholders.
• You will have the ability to quickly establish positive & productive working relationships with internal departments and suppliers.
• To champion health & safety throughout the life of projects from design, implementation through to final maintenance integration.
• Track performance of contractors and provide regular reports to the Projects manager.
• Produce all project management documents to align with the overall delivery of the project.
• To support the commercial team with cost reporting, design & project delivery change control.
• To support the Project Sponsor on the scoping of the project including business case development.
• Ensure the adequate project communications and stakeholder identification throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ensure that an effective change management strategy is implemented throughout the project lifecycle
• Management of risk throughout the project life cycle
Qualifications and experience
• Understanding of airport operational processes
• Risk management
• APM, Prince or other appropriate Project management qualification
• Capable of communicating effectively at all corporate levels.
• Presentation skills
• Microsoft Office skills (Specifically Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to self-manage workload
• Financial skills, especially with regards to project budgeting
• Professional qualifications or evidence of self-development.
• Proven ability to effectively manage projects to tight deadlines essential.
• NEC contracts
• Familiar with the RIBA delivery stages.
Desirable but not essential
• First aid certification.
• Experience of using business improvement tools
• Experience of value engineering
• Asset Management principles
Framework and boundaries
• Reporting directly to Southampton Airport’s Head of Planning & Development.
• This role will potentially touch every area of the Airport’s business.
• All activities must adhere to the applicable AGS and industry policies which include but is not limited to the AGS Information Security Policy, Data Protection Act and current online best practice.
• The individual may be required from time to time to adjust hours or work additional hours to carry out the duties of your job.
• DfT regulations
• CAA / EASA