We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Assistant - Permanent Full Time
The team at our Taxi Customer Service desk are responsible for providing an excellent service to all our customers in relation to assisting them with onward transport, in particular our dedicated taxi service, with way finding and general airport queries.
Our team may be the first point of call for many of our customers and they are responsible for creating a positive first impression and giving a friendly and professional welcome to Glasgow Airport and to our City.
The team champion the Taxi Service’s Customer Promise by living our commitment to Customer Service every day, whilst supporting the management of 180 airport taxis and working hard to meet the demands of both business and leisure travellers arriving daily at the Airport by providing a booking and dispatching support to the fleet.
The Customer Service Assistant provides support to the 180 car fleet by ensuring bookings are taken accurately and entered onto the automatic dispatch system. They ensure each and every booking is completed on time, process Credit Card transactions. They also provide Management Information using the systems to provide statistical information on the fleet and on performance.
• Provide a warm and friendly Glasgow Welcome to support our campus commitment of being Proud to Serve Scotland.
• Champion the Taxi Service’s Customer Promise by living our commitment to Customer Service every day, ensuring colleagues and drivers are doing the same and providing feedback to the Forecourt Operations Manager on any issues.
• Offer consistent, high standard service and assistance to customers and maintain presence in our Forecourt which offers courteous and attentive service
• Work effectively with the Forecourt Ambassadors team to help make every journey as smooth as possible for all our customers
• Recognise where customers may require additional assistance and work with the Forecourt Ambassadors to ensure it is provided, for example passengers with restricted mobility receiving assistance to secure an appropriate taxi
• Assisting with way-finding around the Airport Campus and providing an information point to passengers and visitors
• Provide accurate information in relation to all modes of onwards transport, in particular detailed information in relation to taxi journey fares, times and distances.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders, especially business partners within the Forecourt area
• Promote taxi return work verbally and by distributing promotional material to customers
• Effectively and efficiently manage the • System Booking and Dispatching system (AURIGA)
• Manage the administration of account work to a high degree of accuracy
• Processing Credit Card payments effectively and accurately
• Manage the Petty Cash system
• Ensure the appropriate financial reports and systems are accurate and up to date
• Ensure Management Information is produced and provided which is accurate
• Provide a general administration service to the Forecourt Operations Manager, where required, including letters, invoices and notices
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Significant experience of delivering a high level of customer service to the public
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a genuine passion for anticipating and meeting customer’s requirements
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Works to the highest professional standards
• IT literate, skilled in MS Office; particularly advanced Excel skills with the ability to produce a high standard of statistical reports
• High standard of written and spoken English with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels by appropriate means
• Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, managers and the business, work collaboratively and proactively as part of a team.
• Experience in a role related to Logistics and / or Transport
FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
• The Customer Service Assistant is responsible for support management of the taxi fleet and service, in line with pre-determined criteria
• The Customer Service Assistant will be required to work on his/her own at times and, therefore, must be capable of dealing with issues promptly and effectively and making a judgement when to escalate to the Forecourt Operations Manager or Airport Duty Manager who is available 24/7
• No direct reports