A great opportunity has arisen for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our Airport Ambassador team. The successful applicant will create a positive lasting impression for all visitors to Southampton Airport by providing exceptional customer service, assistance and information as required to passengers, members of the public and Business Partners ensuring a Breeze Through experience.
Undertake a variety of market research used to inform future planning decisions and the continued development of Southampton Airport’s passenger experience.
Support commercial growth through active promotion of products, services and facilities available to the Southampton Airport passenger.
- Act as a proactive focal point for visitors to Southampton Airport ensuring they receive a service which exceeds all their expectations from arriving to departing.
- Support the smooth operation of both the Departures and Arrivals processes, including flow control, queue management and where necessary, minor operation of the baggage reclaim system. Proactively identify operational challenges and issues where further support and assistance is required.
- Provide airport users with up to date information and onward travel options that assists with ensuring a Breeze Through experience and a smooth onward journey. Seek to continually review the information provided to ensure accuracy and availability.
- Liaise with airlines and handling agents to ensure accuracy of Flight Information available to all airport users. Make public address announcements as required and in accordance with departmental procedures & standards.
- Monitor service standards on a day to day basis, capture passenger feedback and report any areas of improvement that would enhance service levels to the Duty teams, ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are provided at all times.
- Support and process the ‘Shop & Collect’ service ensuring passengers receive the correct purchases. Promote this service and work with service providers to continuously improve the product.
- Undertake a variety of market research to include distribution, collation and checking of service quality questionnaires and passenger insight interviewing in accordance with sample plans, rules and guidelines. Data collated will be used to inform future planning decisions and the continued development of Southampton Airport’s passenger experience.
- Support commercial growth at Southampton Airport through active promotion of products, services and facilities available to the passenger. In particular, continued growth and development of ‘Breeze Priority’ products, through active promotion and regular inspection of the services available. Take proactive measures to ensure users receive a first class experience.
- Provide support to the Duty Teams during periods of disruption and in emergency situations, undertake accountabilities and actions defined within contingency plans to aid business continuity and recovery. Ensure regular passenger communication is provided throughout any period of disruption.
- Responsible for personal compliance with Health and Safety, Security and Environment/Sustainable Development Policies, ensuring working practices minimise risk to self, work colleagues, customers, staff and the environment.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to this role
- To ensure that the activities required by the safety, security and environmental/sustainable development management systems are delivered throughout the areas of responsibility of this role
- To ensure that any systems and procedures introduced by the Company are effectively implemented and adhered to.
Any other duties
- Provide first aid assistance to passengers and staff in accordance with airport procedures, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed accurately.Successful completion of first aid training (approved by the Company) is necessary prior to providing first aid assistance.
- To participate in projects and working parties and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the Company.
- In the event of a Terminal evacuation, the Airport Ambassador may be deployed as an Assembly Point Marshal.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience of delivering face to face customer service is essential
- The ability to communicate information quickly with accuracy is also very important, especially in emergency situations and when under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Good understanding of airport/terminal business is desirable
- Good geographical and local knowledge would be advantageous
- Previous Commercial and/or Retail exposure and experience is desirable
- Market Research experience desirable
Framework and boundaries
- Ambassadors must communicate effectively to other members of the Airport Team, ensuring up to date information is provided.
- Working as part of a team to provide excellent customer service by learning all duties of the job and carrying them out effectively.
- Health & Safety Regulations
- Southampton Airport policies & procedures
- Must work within departmental operating procedures
- To escalate matters arising that are outside normal activities to their line manager
- Management of difficult customer issues