An opportunity for an Airline & Travel Trade Marketing Manager for AGS Airports Limited has become available. This role will be based at Glasgow Airport with travel to Aberdeen & Southampton airports.
Reporting to the Head of Airline Marketing & Development the purpose of this “hands on” role will be to proactively promote the Group’s Airports in their respective catchment areas and to drive passenger numbers through airline marketing and raising the profile of the airport’s route network to travel agents, travel trade associations and the general public.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain and develop relationships with airline and tour operator Head Office marketing teams, local airline sales teams for the Group airports as well as key travel agency contacts in both cities to develop aligned marketing and sales activity to increase load factors. In addition strong relationships will need to be forged with local stakeholders at both ends of the route (ie tourism boards) and airports at the other end of the route.
The candidate will also work with our airline and tour operator partners to plan inaugural flight events, flight anniversary activities etc as well as undertake airport general marketing from time to time.
- Work with the Group’s airline and tour operator stakeholders to ensure that key messages from the Group airports and their respective operators are delivered through a range of marketing channels to end consumers
- Manage the production of the Airports’ consumer magazines and help establish a group deal to improve sales and distribution while improving reach of airline marketing messages
- Own and plan each airport’s airline focused social media messages and work closely with each Digital Marketing Team to ensure best reach and engagement for our communications.
- Establish a common media buying as well as design agency to leverage best prices and work with them to develop compelling campaigns to support the airline/tour operators’ and both airports’ sales objectives
- Drive marketing at the other end of the route by developing relations with other airports to push them to market us and vice versa to encourage leisure breaks
- Continue to push the “why Glasgow” and “why Aberdeen” messages overseas via targeted activity with airline partners (how we can we get them to feature Glasgow/Aberdeen in their e-comms and social channels?), government stakeholders and trade associations such as ASTA
- Develop at least 2 new tactically relevant local marketing partnerships in each airport that will allow us to spread our news to new channels
- Work with the Airport PR teams to create at least 2 airline related PR stories per month eg route anniversaries, route milestones etc
- Develop and maintain travel trade contacts email database and Facebook account for each airport and utilise to best effect to communicate with our travel agent stakeholders.
- Act as the Airports’ representative at Airline and Travel Trade events and facilitate agent events at the airport with airline partners. Also act as the Airports’ representative at various industry evening events as and when required
- Create, maintain and grow relationships with travel agencies within each airports’ key catchment areas through a rolling programme of visits to the branches and use of digital engagement via trade Facebook and email channels
- Additional administrative responsibilities within the Aviation Development Team
- The successful candidate will have one direct report who will based remotely in one of the sister Airports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have minimum of 5 years marketing experience
- Experience from within the travel industry or an airline environment would be preferred
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience working with media agencies and design agencies preferred
Framework and boundaries
- 1 direct report
- Part of AGS Airports’ Commercial team
- Travel to other airports within the group, to airline and tour operator offices will be required. Will involve UK and occasional overseas travel
- Group Airport’s combined carry in excess of 14 million passengers per year
Full driving license and own transport is required for this role.