Retail Operations Co-ordinator - Fixed Term
An opportunity for a temporary Retail Operations Coordinator has become available at Glasgow Airport.
This position is for 5 months and cover is required for 5 days a week from August to October 2019 and then 3 days a week from October to December 2019.
At Glasgow Airport we recruit enthusiastic people who are passionate about customer service to help make our airport a better place to travel through. What we do, the facilities we provide and the needs of global travellers evolve every day, and our greatest challenge is in keeping the pace with this evolution. At our airport you will find exciting opportunities for talented people.
• The Retail Operations Co-Ordinator will provide support to the Head of Terminal Retail to manage the day to day retail operation at Glasgow Airport. Working closely with all retail partners and Glasgow Airport to ensure they deliver excellent levels of customer service and retail marketing, professional and efficient operations, as well as the highest standards of safety and compliance. This will in turn result in increasing sales per passenger.
• Scope: All retail units and vending units, CCRC (when ready), Service Yard, Storage rooms / containers, promotion/in terminal entertainment execution
• Define and share relevant traffic and practical information with the retailers to help them plan/manage their operations. Define opening hours and ensure compliance.
• Plan and manage concessionaire operational performance audit (stock, staffing, merchandising standards…). Manage daily operational standards to ensure that any issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner and that the retail partners deliver a first class retail experience to every passenger.
• Act as Retail Customer Champion. Ensure new starters and existing team members know and live by Retail golden rules and GAL values. Animate the retail customer service forum, generate new customer service initiatives and ensure customer service is high on retailers’ agenda. In charge of retail customer service communication. Develops and administer customer satisfaction tracking system.
• Define the retail marketing plan with the marketing team and the Head of Retail, ensure participation of retailers and execution excellence. Responsible for the planning and implementation of in terminal entertainment activities and special events
• Responsible for securing offers with supporting content for all retail leaflets/campaigns.
• Manage directly the vending and commercial telecom contracts under the supervision of the Head of Retail
• Organise service yards usage together with retailers and ensure cleanliness is maintained at all times. Help the Sustainable Manager to animate the Waste Group.
• Ensure safety is given the highest priority at all times in meeting operational standards and service delivery. Ensure these are maintained in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and the GAL Managing Responsibly System.
• Represent department, liaising with internal stakeholders for compliance and assurance matters in regard to Asset Stewardship, MRB, Weekly Service Delivery, Projects, Energy Board, Operational continuity.
• Plan, lead and manage concessionaire Health and Safety inspections, Management tours ensuring that relevant areas are inspected and inspection dates entered in appropriate diaries with tracker of actions to be resolved.
• Participate in specific projects and / or working groups and to carry out any duty that may be required by the company
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Partnership and team spirit
• Leadership and power to influence
• Written and oral presentation. Ability to deliver training
• Passionate about retail and customers
• Pragmatic and creative
• Rigour and knowledge of health and safety rules
• Strong understanding of catering and retail operations. Ability to challenge concessionaires
• Self assured
The position requires flexibility regarding working hours (weekends and early morning)