Aberdeen International Airport are currently recruiting for a Communications Coordinator
To assist the team to effectively manage the airport’s internal and external relationships and communications with all stakeholders. This includes politicians, airlines, retailers, passengers and staff.
The role holder will be a strong team player, with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity. Diplomatic and discrete in approach, they will be able to manage a diverse and demanding workload and work to deadlines.
This individual will work alongside the management team to enhance the reputation of the airport to ensure key messages are delivered using our various promotional channels and external PR channels.
• To develop and manage Aberdeen International Airport’s media relations strategy.
• To support the implementation of public affairs campaigns with the aim of successfully influencing Parliament, Government and other key public affairs audiences.
• Liaise with local politicians, councillors, MSPs, MSPs – promoting the airport’s reputation and agenda.
• Manage the day-to-day running of the press office function.
• To assist in crisis communication - requires attendance outside normal hours
• To deliver regular internal and external publications, such as newsletters and messages from the MD
• Support social media messaging and responses on key issues daily.
• To provide media support for Aberdeen International Airport’s airline partners, as and when required.
• To represent Aberdeen International Airport at key networking opportunities and events including VisitAberdeenshire, City & Shire relevant government briefings and key Oil & Gas groups/associations. Requires attendance at evening and weekend functions outside normal working hours.
• Work with Airline Marketing team to support promotion of the airport’s route network in the immediate and outer catchment and attending various exhibitions/events as and when required. Required to assist with admin/escorting for these events
• To act as a liaison between Aberdeen International Airport and its neighbouring communities. Engage with the Airspace Change Programme, which will require public consultation.
• Assist in planning for messaging on key strategic consultation work, such as Master Plan, Noise Strategy, Surface Access Strategy.
• Liaise with MD and co-ordinate content for MD internal staff roadshows.
Qualifications and experience
• Relevant qualification in communications
• Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and multi-task with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Experience on the use and updating of a variety of social media channels.
• Evidence of creative thinking style.
• Excellent MS Office skills – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook are essential.
• Ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• Interest and knowledge of political processes, structures and relationships.
• Ability and experience in managing cross-functional relationships.
• Confidential and professional at all times.
• Good telephone manner.
Framework and boundaries
• Reports directly to the Managing Director with dotted line to Group Head of Communications
• Provides assistance and advice to Senior Management Team.
• Liaise with a diverse group of customers, stakeholders and individuals at all levels within the Company.