An opportunity has become available at Southampton International Airport Limited, for a Retail Co-ordinator. This will be a 16 hour per week role.
This role will be done on a job-share basis.
The Retail Co-ordinator will provide support to the Head of Retail and the wider Commercial team to manage the day to day commercial operations at Southampton International Airport (SIAL). Working closely with all internal SIAL teams and retail partners to ensure the delivery of excellent levels of customer service, retail marketing, professional and efficient operations, as well as the highest standards of safety and compliance; which will in turn help drive financial and operational excellence.
- Plan and manage concessionaire operational performance auditing retail partner stock levels, staffing, merchandise standards etc and resolve any matters arising from these inspections and where necessary develop joint Action Plans to improve performance.
- Manage daily operational standards to ensure that any issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner and that the retail partners deliver a first class experience to every customer.
- Define and share relevant traffic and practical information with retail partners to help them plan & manage their airport operations, define opening hours and ensure compliance with contract.
- Work with the Head of Retail (HoR), other internal SIAL departments and retail partners to design and deliver a retail marketing plan ensuring the participation of all partners, securing appropriate offers and content, thereafter ensuring timely execution which helps drive performance and customer experience.
- Take a pro-active approach to help manage and resolve any operational matters that arise with internal and external partners.
- Take lead role in management of passenger feedback for the commercial team ensuring the completion is carried out in a timely manner and that commercial partners are engaged in the response as appropriate.
- Manage directly, under the supervision of the HoR, vending and other designated retail contracts.
- Ensure safety is given the highest priority at all times in meeting operational standards and service delivery. Ensure retail partners’ operations including staff training is maintained in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and the SIAL Managing Responsibly guidance. Lead any investigations as requested by the HoR ensuring any findings are documented, communicated and remedial works completed.
- Plan, lead and manage retail health & safety inspections ensuring that relevant areas are inspected and inspection findings recorded and resolved in a timely manner.
- General administration of the commercial department to include the management of retail contracts database & document control system, manage departmental purchase orders, issuing weekly & monthly sales performance and undertaking specific analysis as requested by the HoR.
- Participate in specific projects and / or working groups and to carry out any duty that may be required by the Company.
- Work with the SIAL Security Management Team to promote the Security Management System (SeMs) culture within the department and across the wider airport campus with a focus on adherence to the principles within the AIAL Security Policy. Provide or seek guidance from AIAL Security to encourage the team to report all suspicious or security related incidents in a timely manner to Security or the Police or Airport Duty Manager.
- Cascade all relevant security related information to the team in a timely manner including advice in response to security related incidents.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong understanding of retail and catering operations
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to form close and constructive and challenging, if required, working relationships with internal and external partners
- Passionate about customer service and delivering excellent operational standards
- Committed to partnership / team working
- Proven organisational and planning skills with the ability to combine both a creative and pragmatic approach when required.
- Competent in the use of a number of IT systems
- Knowledge of health and safety / environmental legislation. Committed to raising health, safety and environmental standards
FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
- Group Corporate governance standards and procedures
- Company Policy and Procedures
- UK Law and Legislation
- Scope : All in terminal retail facilities, vending units, service yard, storage rooms, containers, promotions and in-terminal marketing events
- Requirement to co-ordinate work and influence key stakeholders