The Finance Analyst prepares monthly and quarterly management accounts and ensures the integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet for Aberdeen International Airport.
Finance Analyst Principal Accountabilities
Characteristics of principle accountabilities include:
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the general ledger through the control and management of journals and data input, implementation of internal checks and controls and the application of period end close routines.
- Oversee the production of the management accounts of the business unit and provide detailed and timely management information and support as required.
- Manage the period end close process against the agreed period end timetable ensuring delivered results are subjected to adequate review processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform the monthly review of all sub ledgers and proactively manage any issues with AGS Group Finance, Finance Central Services and budget holders to ensure these are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage input of capital projects into the airport assets register and maintain the integrity of the register while working with the Capital Planning Manager.
- Prepare fixed assets ‘grids’, accounts appendices and relevant reports.
- Own the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for the business unit.
- Provide support and advice on the application of accounting policy with regards to capitalisation of assets.
- Responsible for Profit Centre Reporting for the designated business unit.
- Assist Finance Manager in budget and forecasting process.
- Engage with the Group Reporting team to provide accurate information for the production of yearly statutory accounts for the airport and relevant consolidated accounts as required.
- Performing ad-hoc billing duties for non-aero income streams
- Perform reconciliation of lounge income and billing of lounge income to airlines and lounge partners
- Work with the Commercial team to prepare bottom’s up forecast and budget of retail income streams
- Administration of retail income database to assist in weekly and monthly reporting and preparation of month end retail provision
- Prepare and complete National Statistics Office surveys
- Perform annual segmental analysis of P&L and fixed asset register to comply with competition commission rules
- Work with the AIAL Security Management Team to promote the Security Management System (SeMs) culture within the department and across the wider airport campus with a focus on adherence to the principles within the AIAL Security Policy. Provide or seek guidance from AIAL Security to encourage the team to report all suspicious or security related incidents in a timely manner to Security or the Police or Airport Duty Manager. Cascade all relevant security related information to the team in a timely manner including advice in response to security related incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC/HND in accountancy & finance or studying towards an accountancy qualification
- Experience in working and delivering to tight month end timetables.
- Knowledge of Business World desirable
- Management and statutory accounts preparation experience.
- Knowledge of accounting for capital projects
- Comfortable interacting with senior managers.
- Knowledge of capital accounting and/or strong technical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables.
- Experience of working on PowerPoint presentations advantageous.
- Experience of working in a Business Reporting/ Management Accounting environment.
- Excellent communication skills – written & oral.
- Ability to organise work and perform under pressure.