An opportunity for a permanent, part-time (20 hours per week) Credit Controller has become available with AGS Airports Limited, based at Glasgow Airport.
- To work within the Accounts Receivables team to ensure cash received from the AGS Group customers in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the AGS Group and their customers.
- To assist in the Advance process ensuring all cash is received and reconciled regularly.
- To ensure debtor reports are produced and debtor calls are conducted according to agreed timescales.
- Pro-actively interface with the business and customers to resolve any queries relating to credit management, ensuring process compliance and identify on-going process improvements
- Ensure customers pay within their agreed payment terms and chasing payments as per the company’s debt collection process.
- Maintaining accurate records of chasing activity.
- Logging, reporting and releasing disputed invoices in a timely manner. Liaising with business stakeholders to obtain relevant information to support disputed invoices and communicating on outcome to the customer.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and escalate to the Finance Central Services Team Manager.
- Escalating payment issues to the Finance Central Services Team Manager.
- Assisting the cash management analyst on updating the cash management tool.
- Obtain remittances advices from customers to ensure cash is allocated in a timely manner.
- Send customer statement and dunning letters.
- Assist with investigation and application of unapplied and unallocated cash.
- Respond promptly and completely to customer and internal stakeholder enquiries.
- Propose write off / bad debt provisions on a quarterly basis.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Ensure debtor reports are submitted to the business and debtor meetings are conducted on a fortnightly basis.
- Ensure monthly deadlines are met, in accordance with the published timetable.
- Perform any ad hoc duties to assist the team as and when required to by the Finance Team Lead
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a Credit Control role.
- Working knowledge of Agresso or similar system
- Proficient in the practical use of Microsoft Office packages (particularly, Excel and Word),
- Highly numerate and literate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels by appropriate means
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines
Framework and boundaries
- Ensures appropriate application of pre-determined AGS overall policy and process framework
- Adherence to agreed Service Level Agreements
- Works under functional guidance of the Finance Central Services Team Manager
- Uses appropriate escalation processes for complex issues
- Available scope to determine day-to-day operational workload priorities
- Works effectively with and supports team on peer to peer level within own area of expertise
- Works effectively with and supports key stakeholders within own area of expertise