Opportunities have become available at Glasgow Airport for Seasonal Airport Ambassadors. This is a 6 month fixed term contract from June to November 2021.
This is a 40 hour per week role, with day and night shifts and flexibility is required at peak times / special events.
The Airport Ambassador Team will collaborate closely with key operational teams, our business partners on-site and key stakeholders to deliver a seamless and consistent experience for all our passengers, ensuring peak operations are given priority.
The Airport Ambassador Team will provide operational support to the Terminal Operations Manager and Airport Duty Managers whilst providing customer service support to customers using digital applications, telephone, face to face and taxi booking system.
The Airport Ambassador Team will champion the Glasgow Airport’s One Campus concept among business partners and colleagues to attain the highest levels of customer service across all functions in line with our Customer Charter, and to drive our Airport Values of Care, Pride and Passion.
The Airport Ambassador Team Airport Ambassador Team will drive results by day to day monitoring, maintaining and reviewing of the terminal standards programme and customer service KPIs.
- Accountable for the day to day delivery of the Terminal Standards policy and programme by building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders and business partners to ensure excellent and consistent standards are maintained.
- Ensure the Terminal storage and holding areas are organised and maintained to the required standards.
- Provide Airport Duty Manager support for peak operations around critical Terminal & Forecourt operations out on the Forecourt, Check In, Departure lounge, Boarding Gate Areas, Baggage Halls and International Arrivals
- Provide oversight and coordination of the Baggage Hall operation and look to pre-empt challenges/disruption. Work closely with our Planning team, Handling agents, Front of house staff, UKBF and taxi drivers to ensure the optimal plan is taken forward.
- Supporting the Communications Strategy in relation to passenger feedback, including social media streams to collaboratively resolve customer issues
- Lead communication on customer service topics and events at the daily briefings hosted by the Airport Duty Manager to coordinate resources, discuss feedback and set key priorities.
- Provide support to Airport Duty Manager during Airport incident or crisis, taking the lead on activities/incident management as directed by the ADM.
- Coordination and delivery of Terminal events and activities during peak periods
- Provide assurance in relation to Health, Safety, Cleanliness and Maintenance standards within the Terminal and surrounding areas. Conduct basic risk assessments as required.
- Champion the reporting of accidents, injuries, unsafe work conditions and incidents within the Terminal team.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders, especially business partners both in the Terminal and out on the Forecourt.
- Ensure that the Terminal Operations Manager is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either the customers or other departments
- Support and coordinate passenger and stakeholder information and signage during times of crisis and contingency
- Daily reporting required for the administration of the Glasgow Airport taxi booking office
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience in a Customer Service or Operational role with a passion for delivering an excellent customer experience, every time, improving customer satisfaction and driving customer loyalty
- Demonstrable experience of, and a personal passion for, driving high standards
- Meticulous attention to detail with the drive and enthusiasm to champion the Customer Charter and Terminal Standards programme
- Proven ability to support a front-line team in day to day people issues and, in their development,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex and competing priorities effectively
- IT literate with experience of MS Office packages
- Experience of interaction on social media platforms
- Knowledge of the Glasgow and Renfrewshire areas.
- Experience of carrying out basic Risk Assessments
- Experience of carrying out basic audits in relation to Terminal Standards
- Experience of operating within an airport environment, shopping mall, hotel or similar