The Systems, Process and Controls Manager will support the Accounting & Reporting and Transactional Finance and Business Planning and Analysis functions reporting to the Financial Controller.
The purpose of this role is to organise the IT Systems, Processes and Controls to ensure that the financial accounts are accurately prepared and reported and that the necessary controls are in place and operating. The Systems Manager will also support the business to ensure that all accounting systems are operating as efficiently as possible and that all the processes are embedded into the systems to avoid the use of spreadsheets and to ensure that the financial and surrounding processes are operating as efficiently as possible. The role will also support the improvement of the systems supporting the Business Planning and Analysis teams to improve Management Information Systems and production of budgets and forecasts.
The role holder will be able to organise and direct all elements of Financial Accounting Systems to ensure accurate Management and Statutory Accounts preparation and all necessary financial controls are in place and operating ensuring that an adequate Internal Control system is in place.
The role will also be responsible for the Managing Systems Responsibly System (MRGG) and will be responsible for the relationship with the Internal and external Auditors.
The candidate must have excellent and proven IT systems abilities. The post holder will also be able to develop strong relationships with other the other Finance and Business functions to work collaboratively across all business functions to enable efficient and accurate management account preparation and reporting. The candidate must possess excellent technical accounting skills, detailed analytical skills and the ability to problem solve. Finally, the candidate must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible all three airports and corporate division within the AGS Group with regards to accounting and reporting.
- Organise and develop the Accounting and associated systems, being Business World, QlikView and Chroma to ensure that all the financial transactions are accounted for accurately each month and throughout the year.
- Support the systems, processes, and controls to ensure that the Monthly management accounts and supplementary reports are accurately prepared, reviewed and published by working day 6 each month.
- Ensure that the systems are in place so that all income is accurately invoiced and accounted for each month. This will require that contracts are reviewed to ensure that they are all accurately accounted for ensuring completeness of income and that the systems are structured to enable the accounting for the deals within the Business World system.
- Ensure that systems and procedures and controls are in place so that the debtors accounts are reviewed, and necessary credit control activities are actioned and order to cash procedures and controls are actioned monthly in line with group policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the systems, processes, and controls are in place so that supplier statement reconciliations are completed monthly and that all purchase to pay activities are completed in line with the group policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the systems, process, and controls are in place to ensure that cash income and payments are accurately accounted for each month
- Ensure that all the systems, controls and processes are in place so that capital and depreciation is accurately accounted for each month.
- Ensure that the systems, processes, and procedures are in place so that all intercompany transactions are accounted for each month and reconciled monthly.
- Ensure that the processes, systems, and controls are in place so that all accruals and prepayments are accounted for accurately each month.
- Support the business and financial and planning analysts in providing historical financial information when required or to show the requestor where, in the system, the information can be found
- Support the Tax and Treasury to ensure that the systems, process, and procedures are in place so that accurate financial information is available where required.
- Ensure all key financial controls are operating as required.
- Ensure that the systems, procedures, and controls are in place so that all necessary group accounting is completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure the accounting systems are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that the systems, processes, and controls are in place so that the review and approve all journal entries can be undertaken in an efficiently and digitally.
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimise business opportunities and minimise risk/cost to the business.
Qualifications and experience
The Systems, Process and Controls Manager will require to have:
- Significant previous experience in successfully managing change within Accounting and related IT systems.
- Significant experience in setting up processes and controls.
- Experience managing Internal Auditors would be advantageous.
- Qualified accountant ideally a Chartered Accountant.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve and follow through to resolution
- Significant accounting skills to be able to provide the technical leadership required to produce company and group management and statutory accounts and perform consolidations and other group accounting tasks in accordance with IFRS and Group Accounting Policies.
- Have proven experience of supporting a finance team through major financial transactions for example a purchase or a sale or a refinancing activity.
- Have proven experience of supporting finance teams successfully through a significant change programme.
- Have experience in building strong effective processes, systems and controls which have been successful in delivering strong financial controls efficiently and effectively throughout an organisation.
- Have experience of working in groups with multiple locations.
- Have had some experience of working with Boards, Audit Committees and with strong shareholder teams.
- Have had experience in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and supporting model building.
- Commercially astute with a proven record in leading successful businesses.
- Ability to build strong, open and communicative working relationships across all areas of the business is essential.
- High level of working knowledge of Accounting Systems and related management information systems and MS Office applications, Excel in particular,
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Experience of effectively communicating to and interacting with colleagues at all levels, including senior managers
- Ability to effectively organise work and perform well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Experience in working and delivering to tight timetables
Framework and boundaries
The role is an important contributor to the AGS Group Finance function and trusted to produce accurate a timely management and statutory accounts and the supplementary reporting. It requires a clear understanding of the business strategy, competitive pressures and the necessary financial arrangements required to achieve its goals.
- Financial Controller
- Chief Financial Officer
- Head of Treasury & Tax
- Head of Business Planning & Analysis
- Board & Audit Committee
- Finance Department
- Business Unit Managers