We have a fantastic opportunity at AGS Airports for a full-time Commercial Data Scientist to join our commercial insight team. This is a new role and one which will be instrumental in helping the business build back post COVID. AGS Airports owns Aberdeen International, Glasgow and Southampton airports and this role will be based at Glasgow Airport.
Forming part of an analytical hub, the Commercial Data Scientist will produce analytical models and datasets to answer strategic commercial questions. The role will be ideal for someone with a couple of years experience in data analysis or as a data scientist who can take large scale data sets and break them down into concise commercial trends/opportunities. The role will be integral in helping set the 3-5 year strategic direction of the business. The successful candidate will be meticulous in their approach and be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus plan
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance cover
- Free on-site car parking
- Agile/flexible working
Principle Accountabilities for the role include:
- Support the commercial team in developing a 3 and 10-year commercial plan backed up with by data and insight.
- Build out automated reporting to help the commercial team deliver on their strategic objectives and support real time commercial decision making
- Research, implement and develop data suites and reporting tools that will significantly improve the commercial teams access and insight into data.
- Work with the aviation analyst to build an airline and route profitability toolset to help inform deal negotiation and understand business development opportunities
- Deep dive into retail performance, identifying tends and opportunities. Help outline a clear retail recovery plan that will avoid too many empty units.
- Deep dive into Surface Access, including modal share and yield management data to investigate opportunities to improved commercial performance within these areas
- Work with stakeholders across the Commercial function to identify and quantify opportunities
The successful candidate will have/be:
- MS Office, especially Excel, including modelling/forecasting.
- Use of data visualisation tools such as Power BI/Tableau
- Knowledge of R, Python or SQL is an advantage, additional training in some of these areas can be provided to strong candidates.
- Understanding of key strategic concepts, e.g. customer segmentation, market sizing, business/investment cases, elasticity, etc.
- Understanding of commercial issues/drivers impacting our Commercial function (Retail, Catering, Car Parking/Yield Mgt., Property or Aviation).
- Proven ability to break down problems, test hypotheses, and produce recommendations based on a range of quantitative and qualitive data.
- Evidence of innovation, entrepreneurialism and the ability to rigorously test and apply new ideas is a plus
Inclusive Recruitment Process
Diversity & Inclusion is important to us at AGS Airports. We want to ensure that our process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need any support with your application we are here to help. Please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment within the AGS Group is subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.