The Lead Commercial Insights Analyst is a new role within the commercial team which will be instrumental in helping the business build back post COVID. Forming part of an analytical hub, the commercial insight analyst will produce analytical models and datasets to answer strategic commercial questions. It will help the commercial director in setting the overall commercial strategy for the 3-5 year period by looking at wider commercial trends.
- Support the commercial director in developing a 3 and 10 year commercial plan backed up with robust market data.
- Develop a comprehensive competitor reporting set against other airports
- Develop integrated commercial Powerbi dashboards to support real time commercial information
- Analyse big data and macro market trends, distilling them down into potential impacts on the AGS business
- Work with the aviation analyst to build an airline and route profitability toolset to help inform deal negotiation
- Produce accurate and auditable analytical models to answer strategic commercial questions
- Deep dive into retail performance, identifying tends and opportunities. Help outline a clear retail recovery plan that will avoid too many empty units.
- Work with stakeholders across the Commercial function to identify and quantify opportunities
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of commercial issues/drivers impacting our Commercial function (Retail, Catering, Car Parking/Yield Mgt., Property or Aviation).
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel, including modelling / forecasting.
- Ability to work in other data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python) is helpful, but training in these areas can also be provided to strong candidates.
- Understanding of key strategic concepts, e.g. customer segmentation, market sizing, business/investment cases, elasticity, etc.
- Proven ability to break down problems, test hypotheses, and produce recommendations based on a range of quantitative and qualitive data.
- Evidence of innovation, entrepreneurialism and the ability to rigorously test and apply new ideas is a plus
Our values of Care, Pride and Passion underpin the way things are done at the airport and the standards we expect all employees to live by.
We will “never walk by” something or someone that needs our attention, whether it is a safety issue, litter or a colleague needing our help. We will care enough to stop and make a difference.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to delivering unrivalled customer service with passion, pace and enthusiasm
We all understand that the reputation of Glasgow Airport is in the hands of each and every one of us, regardless of who we work for.