We have a fantastic opportunity at AGS Airports for a full-time experienced Procurement Specialist to join our Procurement team. AGS Airports owns Aberdeen International, Glasgow and Southampton airports and this role will be based at Glasgow Airport.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for leading tenders, negotiations and supplier evaluations across AGS Airports, developing and monitoring Service Level Agreements with external providers and key stakeholders, and will do so with pace and enthusiasm.
They will, through excellent, effectively leadership, challenge the business to achieve new levels of success and effectiveness in sourcing and procurement strategies, commercial arrangements, supplier relationships, innovation, and rigor in process and specification challenges.
They will have an extremely proactive approach and a passion for delivering exceptional results to the bottom line by working collaboratively with our teams by developing influential and positive relationships across the business.
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Participation in our annual bonus plan
25 days annual holiday plus 8 public holidays
Generous pension contributions
Employee Assistance Programme
Life Assurance cover
Free on-site car parking
Principle Accountabilities for the role include:
- Responsibility for leading the delivery of financial & non-financial value improvement activities identified in the Procurement business plan specifically for operational categories
- Establish Procurement needs with internal stakeholders
- Be an active champion of procurement in internal stakeholder meetings
- Manage day to day stakeholder use and delivery of the Airport procurement systems
- Create & run reports showing third party spend & commitments by multiple variants (supplier, category, timeframe) via the procurement system
- Manage the tendering process
- Full accountability for the procurement contract process including managing the gateway approval process
- Manage Key supplier performance by establishing service level agreements, creating individual KPIs, arranging regular update meetings with key suppliers & stakeholders
- Ensuring that local governance & processes are compliant with agreed internal & external procurement standards
- To identify business supply risks across the airport and ensure appropriate action is taken to manage and mitigate risk
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ Procurement experience with various categories with extensive “hands on experience” in a similar role in a complex, high value procurement environment
- Experience in operating as a business partner in a customer focused, client facing role
- Experience in effectively using procurement systems
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment
- Experience of drafting ITT documents and contracts
- Experience of leading contract negotiations and contract change
- Experience of procuring both services and equipment
- Ability to build and maintain strong, effective working relationships across the business and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated evidence of good communication skills at all levels, including presenting and leading workshops
- Ability to work on own initiative & perform well under pressure
- Demonstrable record of Strong commercial management and negotiation skills
- Confidence and credibility to be a lone voice in unpopular situations
- CIPS qualified and/or Degree qualified
- Experience of Airport operations or similar
Inclusive Recruitment Process
Diversity & Inclusion is important to us at AGS Airports. We want to ensure that our process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need any support with your application we are here to help. Please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com
Employment within the AGS Group is subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.