To provide a safe and hazard-free working environment for aircraft, passengers and airside personnel. The job holder is responsible for all aspects of airside safety, including surface and lighting inspections, aircraft marshalling, stand planning, monitoring of aircraft turnaround process and third party activities. They are also responsible for providing elements of access control and CCTV in line with the airport security programme.
- Committed to promoting a security culture of vigilance and security awareness through adhering to the security policy, Managing Responsibly System (MRS) and Security Management System (SeMS).
- Carry out airfield and runway inspections in accordance with EASA requirements, to ensure a safe and hazard free environment is provided and maintained for all airfield operations.
- Carry out leader/escort duties, marshalling, friction monitoring and operation of all snow clearing equipment.
- Monitor and implement the night noise restrictions, to ensure the airport complies with statutory regulations and implement procedures as detailed in the emergency orders.
- Carry out airside checks and audits on all airside operators including vehicles, drivers and works permits to ensure they comply with airport and statutory regulations.
- Control and monitor all aircraft engine runs as per local instructions.
- Control and monitor temporary local obstacles ensuring no degradation in safety standards(aerodrome safeguarding).
- Investigate and compile reports on all accidents/incidents airside that involve people, vehicles, aircraft and equipment.
- Implement low visibility Safeguarding/Procedures.
- Respond to airside emergencies, taking the appropriate action, as laid down in the Emergency Orders; allocating and monitoring aircraft parking stands.
- Monitoring and recording all aircraft movements in the AOS.
- Required to operate stand cleaning equipment and airfield de-icing equipment.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of airside safety, flight planning and operational airport control centre (ACC) duties to ensure best and efficient practice is maintained at all times.
- Carry out specific security duties as required by the Airport Security Programme (ASP)including CCTV patrols, fenceline patrols and aircraft search.
- Ensure that the highest standards of safety and customer care (flight crew) are maintained at all times, including investigation and response to comments where necessary.
- Responsible for statutory and local record keeping relating to ACC duties, airside.
- Inspections, habitat management and the acceptance of airside maintenance works to ensure a safe operating environment is maintained at all times.
- Required to work an on-call roster during the winter period, typically November – April, responding to adverse weather alerts.
- To carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the company.
Qualifications and experience
- Applicants must have a current full UK EC/EEA or foreign equivalent driving licence which permits the holder to drive a motor vehicle on public roads in the UK.
- All staff will need to develop and demonstrate a working knowledge of the airside operations and must be able to maintain high levels of concentration and remain focused during periods of high activity.
- Basic IT skills are essential and knowledge of Southampton Airport operating systems is desirable.
- Ability to communication with a wide range of customers is essential.
- Ability to hold CTC clearance.