We have an exciting opportunity at AGS Airports Limited for a Finance Shared Service Manager to join our Finance team.
The is a permanent, full time role and will be based at Glasgow Airport.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus plan
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible Benefit Platform
- Life Assurance Cover
- Free on-site car parking
- Agile/Flexible working, where appropriate for the role
The Finance Shared Services Manager will ensure that the income and expenditure, including purchase to pay, order to cash, capital, intercompany and all other airport financial transactions are accounted for in the accounting records of the airport in accordance with the IFRS accounting rules, Group policies and procedures so that monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts can then be prepared in an accurate and timely manner. The role will report to the Head of Accounting & Reporting.
The purpose of this role is to organise the Transactional Finance Team to ensure all ACTUAL historical financial information is accounted for and reported on accurately and within strict deadlines.
The role holder will be able to organise and direct all elements of Financial Accounting to ensure accurate Management and Statutory Accounts can be prepared for the Airports and Corporate.
The post holder will also be able to develop strong relationships with other the other Finance and Business functions to work collaboratively across all business functions to enable efficient and accurate management account preparation and reporting. The candidate must possess excellent technical accounting skills, detailed analytical skills and the ability to problem solve. Finally, the candidate must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for the Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay and Cash within the whole AGS Group.
- Responsible for ensuring the accounting systems are operating efficiently and effectively supervising the Systems Administrator effectively.
- Ensure that, each month, all financial transactions, for the aforementioned areas are accounted for accurately for AGS Group.
- Close the month end in line with the timetable.
- Coordinate the preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations each month and ensure that they are reviewed and approved by the Head of Accounting and Reporting and or the Financial Controller.
- Complete any legal financial returns for the company as directed by the Head of Accounting & Reporting
- Provide the monthly Retail VAT return information to the Tax Manager
- Provide any other tax information to the Tax Manager as required
- Support the annual budgeting and regular forecasting processes with information as required on the invoicing works carried out by the Shared Services team.
- Support the risk assessment system as required.
- Support the continuous improvement processes as required.
- Support the business and financial and planning analysts in providing historical financial information when required or to show the requestor where, in the system, the information can be found
- Support the Tax and Treasury team in providing accurate financial information where required.
- Ensure all key financial controls are operating as required and work with the Risk and Controls Manager to ensure all the controls that are in existence are required and redundant controls are retired.
- Supervising and appraising staff.
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimise business opportunities and minimise risk/cost to the business.
- Any additional ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and experience
- The Finance Shared Services Manager will require to have:
- Previous experience of accounting for a significant organisation with proven abilities in producing accurate management accounts and statutory accounts. • An accounting qualification. • Have had experience of successfully managing Accounting IT systems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve and follow through to resolution.
- Have proven experience of dealing successfully with Auditors
- Have proven experience of being in part of a finance team which has successfully managed through a major financial transaction for example a purchase or a sale or a refinancing activity.
- Have proven experience of accounting in a company which has gone through a significant change programme.
- Have experience being part of a strong effective finance team which has been successful in delivering strong financial controls efficiently and effectively throughout an organisation.
- Have experience of working in groups with multiple locations.
- Commercially astute with a proven record in leading successful businesses.
- Ability to build strong, open and communicative working relationships across all areas of the business is essential.
- High level of working knowledge of MS Office applications, Excel in particular,
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Experience of effectively communicating to and interacting with colleagues at all levels, including senior managers
- Ability to effectively organise work and perform well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Experience in working and delivering to tight timetables
Framework and boundaries
The role is an important contributor to the AGS Group Finance function and trusted to produce accurate a timely management and statutory accounts and the supplementary reporting. It requires a clear understanding of the business strategy, competitive pressures and the necessary financial arrangements required to achieve its goals.
Inclusive Recruitment Process
Diversity & Inclusion is important to us here at the AGS Group. We want to ensure that our process is inclusive for all applicants. If you have any questions or need any support with your application, we are here to help. Please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com