The Strategic Projects Business Analysts within ALD support the Strategic Projects Manager, working closely with our Business and IT delivery teams, proactively translating business ideas into IT products through agile projects. . We ensure these products are built on time, on budget and to specification - our primary aim is to enable ALD UK to write as much business as possible, as quickly as possible whilst also focussing on identifying areas for change, defining business requirements and implementing projects to drive business efficiencies.
As the successful applicant you will be heavily focussed on analysis and solution delivery, supporting the project management process to ensure that projects are delivered on time. In addition to liaising with key business stakeholders and the development teams to ensure requirements are gathered and communicated effectively.
- The Strategic Projects Business Analyst will support the Strategic Projects Team Leader in identifying areas for change, defining business requirements and implementing projects to drive business efficiencies.
- They will also be heavily focussed on analysis and solution delivery, supporting the project management process to ensure that projects are delivered on time.
- They will liaise with key business stakeholders and the development teams to ensure requirements are gathered and communicated effectively.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Partnering with business sponsors and operational contacts to fully understand their requirements
- Identify operational efficiencies by studying business functions and gathering information
- Support development teams providing business and product knowledge
- Creating and/or reviewing manuals, procedures and related user documentation ensuring relevance to the appropriate audience
- Managing the expectations of stakeholders, users and management
- Defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements
- Monitoring project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports and recommending actions
- Assisting business users, Strategic Projects Team Leader & Manager and general management team in optimising the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects
- Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, report writing and presenting
- Excellent time management, planning, organisational and delegation skills
- Collaborative & Self-motivated
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Understanding of the Software Development/Project Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Agile development process
- Ability to Learn new technologies and skills
- Ability to see big picture and evaluate the wider implications of solutions or processes
- Excellent Attention to Detail