About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We are now recruiting for a Tax Manager to join our expanding Tax Consultancy team. This individual will be working within our Private Client team.
We would like for the successful candidate to be based at either our Leeds or Newcastle office.
The main purpose of this role is to assist with the delivery of proactive tax planning advice, and specifically support the Private Client Tax Partners and Directors with the management of all work / clients within this area.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Being responsible for the managing of workflow on matters involved – including monitoring work in progress and ensuring appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on each piece of client work
- Being responsible for the drafting of technical advice and the delivery of private client advisory projects
- Keeping up to date with Tax legislation and identify potential issues which any changes / updates may cause
- Providing training and mentoring for more junior Tax staff
- Supporting the Senior tax team with Marketing and BD initiatives
In order to fulfil the role, we expect a candidate to be:
- Focused and have a driven attitude to grow the service line
- Technically strong and have previous experience working in a similar role
- Commercial and be able to communicate effectively with clients and prospects
- Approachable and able to manage / help others in the team achieve success
- Able to achieve and have track record of business development success
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us... we’re with you.