About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
Due to expansion we are recruiting for a Tax Assistant to join our expanding Tax Consultancy service line, and in particular, our Corporate Tax team. The successful candidate will be based at our Leeds office.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Taking responsibility for the preparation and completion of corporate tax computations on a varied portfolio of clients
- Having involvement / being responsible for other annual filing obligations (such as Employment Related Securities filings / Non-resident Landlord Scheme / ATED etc)
- Supporting clients with their ongoing compliance needs (Instalments Regime etc)
- Assisting in the preparation of Research and Development Tax Credit claims
- Identifying planning and advisory opportunities from their compliance portfolio
- Assisting in the delivery of pro-active tax planning advice for our clients
- Dealing with adhoc queries from the wider firm
- Onboarding new clients and being responsible for drafting risk management documentation on all matters
- Delivering training to other service lines on specific technical areas
In order to fulfil the role, we expect a candidate to:
- Be ATT qualified at a minimum but ideally have completed or be in the process of completing their CTA qualification
- Have corporate tax compliance experience
- Have experience using Alphatax (this is desirable not essential)
- Have some advisory knowledge, and experience in identifying advisory opportunities
- Be experienced dealing directly with clients and ensuring they receive an outstanding level of customer service
- Be confident when communicating (in both verbal and written form) as they will need to be able to deal directly with clients and colleagues within other service lines across the firm
We will be willing to fund / support the successful candidate with the remainder of their CTA qualification if they have already started the training.
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us... we’re with you.