About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Corporate Finance Manager to join the team at our Glasgow Office. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to maximise their career potential within our Corporate Finance team.
The overall purpose of this role is to directly deliver and supervise an unrivalled corporate finance client service experience and assist in delivering the budgeted departmental internal financial performance.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Formulating and providing advice to clients under supervision
- Planning and prioritising all relevant client work projects and overseeing team workload ensuring effective team workflow
- Managing the performance of Assistants, Seniors and Executives within the team and completing relevant line management responsibilities which include Appraisals, 1-1s and CPD reviews
- Establishing scope and agreeing budget for each piece of client work, obtaining sign off from line manager and brief, and delegate accordingly
- Ensuring full implementation of all client work projects in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to both Armstrong Watson and FSA expected Standards and Procedures
- Monitoring work progress and ensuring appropriate levels of communication with all clients, external and internal stakeholders on progress for each project / task
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to:
- Be either newly qualified or have up to 3 years PQE
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and have an eye for detail
- Be motivated and determined to help our clients and provide an exemplary service on all set assignments
- Be a confident character and keen to develop your career in Corporate Finance
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.