About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 18 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
Due to expansion we have a fantastic opportunity for a Corporate Tax Senior Manager to join our Tax Consultancy service line. We are happy for the successful candidate to be based at either our Leeds office, or Newcastle office.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Tax leadership team in identifying, devising and delivering bespoke tax advise and solutions to our clients. This person will also offer coaching and development to the junior members of this service line, and play a key role in delivering against the service offering and contribute towards it's continuous success.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Tax Leadership team in delivering complex tax advisory projects
- Identifying planning and advisory opportunities from our existing client portfolio and targets
- Being responsible for drafting appropriate scope and budget for each piece of work to be agreed with the Tax Partner responsible
- Monitoring the status of each project and ensure the appropriate levels of communication with
- Being responsible for managing communication with Tax Partner responsible for matters involved in
- Being responsible for client contact on advisory projects
- Having direct line management responsibilities for Tax Seniors / Tax Assistant Managers
In order to fulfil the role, we expect a candidate to be:
- Focused and have a driven attitude to grow the service line
- Technically strong and have previous experience working in a similar role
- Commercial and be able to communicate effectively with clients and prospects
- Approachable and able to manage / help others in the team achieve success
- Able to achieve and have track record of business development success
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us... we’re with you.