About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We now have an opportunity for a motivated individual to become part of our ambitious Financial Planning Team and join us as a Remote Advice Financial Planning Consultant. Working with a team of highly experienced colleagues within the sector, you will assist in offering our clients independent and strategic advice to help develop a clear financial strategy. The successful candidate can be based at any AW office.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide Financial Planning advice and solutions to clients remotely (mainly via telephone) by offering high quality advice, service and delivering agreed revenue targets.
The main elements of this role will include:
- Working with clients to understand their objectives and provide comprehensive robust solutions to help meet these objectives;
- Ensuring high quality ongoing advice is provided to all review clients;
- Undertaking focussed internal and external business development activity to identify new prospects to AWFP and convert to clients;
- Identifying opportunities to refer clients to AW for wider services where appropriate;
- Ensuring individual revenue targets are achieved;
- Ensuring the firms stated compliance requirements and standards are met;
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge relevant to role;
- Building and maintaining relationships with Partners, Directors and Relationship Managers in own office;
- Remaining focussed on ongoing business development;
- Continuing to maintain as well as build business relationships with key potential introducers in the local external marketplace;
- Sharing feedback with the wider AWFP team and make a positive contribution to the ongoing development of AWFP.
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to:
- Have successfully completed Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (this is mandatory for the role).
- Ideally have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an advisory role.
- Have excellent customer service skills and demonstrate this with all colleagues within the firm as well as existing and prospective clients
- Be confident when using IT systems and demonstrate efficient IT skills
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.