About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We are now recruiting for a Legal Sector Manager to join our Leeds office.
The overall purpose of this role is to manage the interaction between our specialist team of legal sector accountants, auditors and business advisors and our legal sector clients, both locally and nationally.
As the only accountants endorsed by the Law Society, our specialist team are renowned for our additional range of services to lawyers including strategic advice consulting packages, outsourced FD services, benchmarking, forecasts, valuations, mergers, structure reviews, incorporations, LLP conversions. This role therefore has the potential to be incredibly wide ranging and rewarding, whilst allowing retention of knowledge of the core accounting and auditing services, and therefore provides the ability for future growth and learning in such a wide ranging role.
Although specialising in a sector, this role actually allows a candidate to benefit from a wider range of experiences than a traditional audit or accounting role would.
In order to fulfil the role, we expect a candidate to:
- Be a qualified accountant under ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, CAI
- Have excellent knowledge and working experience of preparing non-statutory, sole trader and partnership accounts; and ideally of preparing reports under the SRA Accounts Rules
- Have strong experience in preparing and potentially auditing statutory financial statements in line with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Practice
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant UK taxes such as Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE etc
Prior experience of working with clients in the legal sector may be of benefit, but is not a pre-requisite. We are looking for the candidate with the right skills that can be applied to the legal sector; knowledge of which will be generated by experience in the role.
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.