About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We now have an exciting opportunity available within our expanding Audit & Assurance team as we are recruiting for an Audit & Assurance Senior to join our Carlisle office.
The main purpose of this role will be to complete Audit and Accountancy based assignments for the clients of the firm and generally supporting the wider Audit & Assurance team with the clients within their portfolios.
The key elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Preparing statutory accounts for limited company clients together with files for Manager / Partner review
- Planning, co-ordinating and completing audit assignments and accounts work
- Liaising with clients both in advance of and during assignment to ensure we obtain all necessary information
- Ensuring full completion of audit or accounts files for Manager review is complete in an appropriate timescale and within budget
- Preparing other accounts such as pension schemes, charities and partnership clients together with files for Manager review
- Preparing / quarterly management accounts from client records
- Undertaking adhoc assignments as allocated by Manager / Partner, such as Corporate Finance assignments, cash flows, business forecasts and system reviews.
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to be:
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or be on route to becoming qualified)
- Comfortable working within a fast paced working environment
- A dedicated team player and willing to assist colleagues within the team where possible
- Able to prioritise workloads under strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to use initiatives and have great organisation / problem-solving skills
- Keen to become part of a dynamic team
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.