About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We are now recruiting for an Audit & Assurance Manager to join our Leeds office.
The main purpose of this role will be to manage specific Audit & Assurance clients and workflow whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budget and maximum fee recovery.
The key elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the planning, prioritising and allocation of all relevant client work ensuring effective team workflow
- Ensuring establishment of scope and budget for each piece of client work and ensure adequate briefing to team members where relevant
- Ensuring full agreement of client for work to be undertaken and communicate likely fees prior to commencement to maximise fee recovery
- Monitoring work progress and ensuring appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each piece of client work, including highlighting key issues and areas for concern on client accounts
- Monitoring individual and team performance versus original objectives and departmental KPIs
- Providing regular feedback to all team members on their performance via informal ‘1:1’ meetings, on audit assignment there is a specific focus on post audit appraisals
- Conducting formal appraisals versus original objectives and job specification for each direct team member every six months
- Assisting Armstrong Watson students and trainees with ‘on the job’ training
- Supporting the wider Audit & Assurance team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches and input into marketing strategy
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to:
- Be ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant UK taxes such as Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE etc. in order to ensure amounts are accurately presented in the financial statements of a company
- Have excellent knowledge and working experience of the International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland) variant
- Be comfortable working within a fast paced working environment
- Be a dedicated team player and willing to assist colleagues within the team where possible
- Be able to prioritise workloads under strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Be able to use initiatives and have great organisation / problem-solving skills
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.