About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We are now recruiting for a Forensic Accountant to join our Leeds office.
The main purpose of this role will be to act in the role of Accountant within the Forensic Accounting service line and specifically support the Head of Forensic Accounting and Forensic Director.
The key elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Managing case files allocated to them
- Working alongside other members of the Forensic Accounting team
- Undertaking analysis work
- Dealing with and responding to any Forensic correspondence
- Preparing first draft letters and reports for review by the Head of Forensic Accounting and Forensic Director
- Ensuring files are organised and that they remain in line with Forensic requirements and standards
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to:
- Have recently obtained your ACA / ACCA qualification or have at least 18 to 24 months post qualification experience
- Have strong data analytics skills
- Be computer literate (and be particularly proficient with using Microsoft Excel software)
- Be a determined and motivated individual striving to provide an exemplary client service to all prospective and existing clients
- Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude when dealing with colleagues and clients, and use initiative to solve any problems / queries
- Be organised and experienced with planning of workload and prioritising deadlines
- Be self-confident, approachable and capable of building long term relationships with clients
- Be aware and familiar with the applicable Accounting standards
We are willing to consider candidates who wish to make their first step into Forensic Accounting.
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.