About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 18 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 470 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
When clients put their accounts in the hands of Armstrong Watson, they’re on their way to forming the foundations of a stronger, more efficient future for their organisation. Prepared by our expert teams and claiming all the available allowances to minimise their tax liability, we give clients practical, commercial advice - focussing on their future, understanding their business and helping them get where they want to be.
Our team of professionals rapidly become trusted advisers for anything to do with the business, providing stability and growth; and we are now looking for an Accounting Senior to join our Penrith office.
The main elements of this role will include:
- Preparing regular management information for mainly company clients. Reviewing VAT position and assisting with filing VAT returns. Liaising with clients and their accounts teams and assisting them as appropriate
- Completing draft financial statements for a range of companies ready for review by an Accounting Manager
- Adjusting the draft financial statements and business tax computations after the client meeting in accordance with the meeting notes
- Ensuring personal tax returns are updated by our tax team after the client meeting.
- Assisting clients with development of their accounting systems
- Managing your own workload and communicating with the Accounting Manager to ensure internal and external deadlines are met
- Liaising with clients using a variety of methods to facilitate the production of financial statements, business tax computations and obtaining personal tax information
- Assisting the Accounting Service-line with business development activities as and when required and ensuring our high expectation of customer service is met
In order to fulfil the role, we expect a candidate to have:
- Successfully completed the AAT qualification or other CCAB qualification (or be qualified by experience, in an Accounting Senior capacity)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Worked within an Accountancy practice (ideally at Senior level) previously and have sufficient and relevant experience in preparing accounts for clients
- Some knowledge of Xero (although not essential as full training will be provided to the successful candidate)
- Experience in prioritising your workload and be able to complete work within the budgeted time and to the required deadlines
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.