Join our Team!
We have some exciting opportunities available at Barking and Dagenham College. We are looking for a Catering Team Leader to join our team, working across all of the BDC sites.
The Catering Team Leader is responsible for supervising operations of Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent customer and learner experience while working with the team to ensure departmental targets are met.
You are responsible for supervising operations of Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Learner experience. You will also be required to communicate and delegate tasks to the team to ensure departmental targets are achieved. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- •Supervise Food and Beverage Outlet operations
- •Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- •Ensure compliance of college standards
- •Manage customers queries in a timely and efficient manner
- •Represent needs of the team
- •Assist Food and Beverage management with achieving financial targets
- •Assist Food and Beverage management with training and development of team members and learners
- •Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- •Comply with college security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- •Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
The successful candidate will proven supervisory experience, along with proven understanding and experience of price & cost management and revenue maximisation.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and leadership skills, along with experience of managing a busy environment. Proven experience in the day to day support of a highly visible team is a must, as is experience of determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering, and experience of supervising apprenticeships and student placements
The ideal candidate will hold the following;
- Food & Beverage qualification
- Team Leadership qualification
- English and Maths L2 qualification
- Working knowledge of computer software programmes
A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is also desirable
If you can do all of the above, then we want to hear from you!
*Please note, that we have the right to interview candidates before the application deadline*
'The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.'
'Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.'