**Calling all Industry Professionals**
Are you an experienced industry professional who would like to start a new career as a teacher (whether on a full time or part time basis?)
Do you have industry expertise in a Technical, Core Skill or SEND area?
If so, read on and see how the Taking Teaching Further Programme at Barking and Dagenham College can support you in starting a career in teaching!
Taking Teaching Further is an exciting programme which supports industry professionals who would like to start a new career in teaching. At Barking and Dagenham College, we are proud to be part of this programme as you get to impart your industry expertise, knowledge and skills in developing our future generation.
We currently have 3 Lecturer opportunities, so whether its full time or part time, we have got you covered! If you meet the eligibility requirements below, then please get in touch as we would love to hear from you!
You must have industry expertise in either of the following areas (below) with a minimum of either 2 years experience or have been working in that industry in the last 18 months. In addition, you must not already possess a teaching qualification or extensive teaching experience.
- Environmental and Animal Care,
- Education and Childcare,
- Digital, Health and Science
- Business and Administrative,
- Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing,
- Finance and Accounting,
- Social Care,
- Catering and Hospitality,
- Creative and Design,
- Hair and Beauty,
- Protective Services,
- Transport and Logistics
- A role that requires a high level of literacy or numeracy skills or a strong understanding of SEND?
What do you get in return?
If successful, you will have access to the following:
- Support in achieving your Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training over a 2 year period,
- Flexibility as you will have a reduced teaching timetable,
- Intensive support, including a supportive team and with the opportunity to be mentored as well as shadow other qualified teachers.
- Access to our amazing benefits package including generous annual leave entitlement and extra leave off for Christmas!
How to apply
Please send your CV and a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the eligibility requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will come back to you in due course!
You can also send any questions for further clarification or information to this email address and a member of the team will be happy to assist you!
'The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.'
'Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.'
*Please note, that we have the right to interview candidates before the application deadline*