Part time, 7.5 hours per week
The primary role will be the provision of clinical teaching and support for postgraduate Dentistry Students. In addition, you will be expected to take part in all aspects of clinical and occasional educational activities.
This post would be ideally suited to a dentist (on the Restorative Dentistry GDC specialist list register) with experience and an interest in teaching and education.
BPP University offers Masters in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) degrees in Implantology, Restorative and Cosmetic, Periodontology, Orthodontics, Endodontology and Oral Surgery providing qualified dentists with enhanced skills in their chosen field. The MClinDent programmes will be partly delivered from BPP University Dental Institute in Birmingham, namely the clinical training.
- Undertake clinical and didactic teaching to students in BPP University as directed by the Director of Dentistry Programmes.
- Undertake clinical activities in the University Dental Institute as directed by the Director of Dentistry Programmes.
- Supervise the students in performing clinical procedures in the University’s Dental Institute as directed by the Director of Dentistry Programmes.
- Engage in the development and delivery of the curriculum and teaching methods and contribute to the learning and teaching strategy of the dentistry programmes.
- Undertake student assessment and contribute to the development of assessment methods.
- Provide an exemplary ethical standard as a role-model specialist clinician for students at all levels.
- You will be required to undertake some administrative work in support of the needs of the dentistry programmes and the wider University. Administrative duties will be determined with the Director of Dentistry Programmes, but should not detract from your clinical or teaching needs.
- Any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post.
The post holder will be involved in developing the Dental institute policies and procedures and will train on leading a clinical institute. The postholder will have the opportunity of exposure to a range of programmes in dentistry, healthcare, law and business and will aquire knowledge of dealing with clients and collabortors.
Please refer to the full job description for details of the knowledge, skills and experience required
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check