Nationwide (online) with travel to London and Manchester hubs
Full-time permanent role, but part-time applications are welcome and fixed term contracts considered where preferred
BPP Business School is recruiting for a Faculty Lecturer specialising in Cyber Security to teach across apprenticeship programmes which support learners in working towards completing their IT Apprenticeships.
We are looking for highly motivated lecturers with specialist practitioner experience in Cyber Security to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
The role of the faculty lecturer is to develop and deliver engaging teaching and learning materials (across Levels 3 to 6) that ensure that learner’s in the Business School receive a premium education and learning experience. Initially the role will focus on development and then move onto a combination of development, enhancement and delivery.
Lecturers will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, managing learner cohorts, teaching (a mixture of on line via the Adobe Connect platform, and face to face at either the hubs or client sites). Faculty may also be required to support business development, program management and/or learner recruitment activities, such as attending client briefings and/or Business School open evenings.
- Be accountable for high quality module learning and resource development, using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching and learning materials, including formative multiple choice and other assessment materials.
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent teaching materials including detailed schemes of work, topic guidance, activity checklists, content, (including webinar slides and resources).
- Provide support and guidance for the relevant teaching teams.
- Provide ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of Business School learners in line with University policy.
- Work with employers and training providers to manage a cohort of learners to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme.
- Provide academic input for commercial and business development activities within the School including ad hoc client liaison and customer service team support.
- Supporting the Faculty and Corporate vision of a “university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement”.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
As a member of the Technology Faculty you will have opportunities to work in the areas related to Cyber Security across other degree programmes, which a tutor in this role could get involved in. It provides scope to provide academic support to a wider variety of learners from differing contexts if they wish to take the opportunity.
Please refer to the full job description